As the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down to earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
About the Team
We are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to join our team and help us build a world-class marketing strategy.
You’re excited to help build a rigorous data science marketing platform from the ground up to optimize Turo’s budget allocation and marketing effectiveness. You enjoy autonomy and diving deep into the complexities of experimental design, channel optimization, customer valuation, and customer segmentation. You are comfortable with a range of statistical and machine-learning techniques and are a practitioner of causal inference. You keep up to speed with the recent ML and marketing literature.
Modeling is your thing. You are proficient in translating unstructured business problems into mathematical frameworks and proposing scalable solutions. You have a passion for consumer products or marketplaces and are motivated to play a key role in crafting our data science marketing platform from inception to implementation and beyond.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with Turo’s Marketing and Data Analytics teams to help rethink the way we approach marketing at Turo
- Design A/B tests and market-based synthetic control experiments to test the robustness of our marketing strategy
- Lead the end-to-end process of conceptualizing, developing and analyzing marketing initiatives including: Marketing Mix Modeling, defining our guests and host segments and rebuilding our customer lifetime value modeling approach
- Be a thought leader on the data science team. Present your insights and suggestions to company leadership regularly and mentor junior team members to help them elevate to the next level.
- 5+ years of Data Science experience, including 2+ years working on marketing strategy.
- Strong modeling background, experience leading projects to deliver machine learning or regression based solutions.
- Experience with rigorous experimentation and background in causal inference.
- Fluent in a production-ready programming language such as Python.
- Understanding of mathematical methods in statistics, optimization, and machine learning and demonstrable experience applying these methods to real world prediction problems.
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail and a desire to become an expert in marketing strategy
- Strong curiosity to learn and innovate with like-minded colleagues.
- Nice to have experience with:
- Google ads or adwords platform
- Market based testing and measuring halo effects
- Building marketing attribution models, MMM, survival analysis, lifetime value models, and clustering algorithms for customer segmentation
The SF base salary target range for this full-time position is $186,000-$228,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process. Please note that the salary range listed in this posting reflects the base salary only, and does not include bonus (if applicable), equity, or benefits.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (Country specific)
- Retirement employer match
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Bi-annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
We are committed to building a diverse team. If you are from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d love to meet you.
Aside from an award winningwork environment and the opportunity to be part of the world’s largest car sharing marketplace, we are also growing the team quickly - join us! Even if you don’t meet every qualification, we are looking for people with enthusiasm for what we do and we will consider you for this and other possibilities.
Turo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Turo will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as applicable.
We welcome candidates with physical, mental, and/or neurological disabilities. If you require assistance applying for an open position, or need accommodation during the recruiting process due to a disability, please submit a request to People Operations by emailing [email protected].
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France, UK and Australia. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.