Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. We are transforming the $40+ trillion consumer lending industry by creating a fast and simple software/platform approach to getting mortgages, consumer loans, and deposit accounts. We are on a journey to move from an individual product lines-based company to a platform-driven company.
It is an exciting time to work at Blend. We’re balancing "moving quickly" with the need to architect our systems for the long-term. The Verifications Team is currently working on several high-impact projects, and we are looking for engineers to help drive their architecture and adoption. These projects include a new consumer banking platform that will form the basis of our new product verticals and a mortgage-processing engine that automates much of the manual work that a loan processor does today. Blend needs your expertise and leadership to make lending simple, easy, and accessible to all.
Note: This is NOT an entry-level role. You must have a minimum of 5 years of actual professional end-to-end software development to be considered for this role.
How You’ll Contribute:
- You’ll help build the future of income, asset and credit verification across Blend’s product verticals
- You’ll help build our fast-tracked loan-processing solution that makes it super easy for loan processors to make loan decisions
- You’ll work with and contribute to our open-source projects like https://github.com/blend/go-sdk/
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of full stack web development experience delivering high-quality production software, with an emphasis on backend development
- Ideal candidates also have experience working with modern front-end web frameworks
- Excellent communication and leadership skills for collaborating with other teams
- Solid experience and understanding of maintainable distributed systems
- Ability and willingness to help others in the company succeed and be productive
- Experience working with Go, TypeScript, Node.js or React
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Experience with AWS services like RDS and EKS
- Experience working and communicating with third-party data providers
To comply with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location.
For full time hires, the hiring base pay range for this position is between $165,000 and $207,000. Beyond base pay, Blend benefits and perks are described below.
Final base pay offer amounts will vary depending on multiple factors, including but not limited to function, level, geographic location, job related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay will be adjusted for part-time roles to reflect scheduled hours.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) plan with employer matching contribution
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable laws.
If you have a disability and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment, please contact Blend at (650) 550-4810 or [email protected].