Posted on 11/10/2022
Ventura, CA, USA
- Position requires the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 to 4 years of experience
- Previous experience performing basic seamanship duties
- Familiarity with small boat operation, basic small craft maintenance, line handling, and launching/recovering from trailers
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Individuals must possess the ability and demeanor to share common spaces over lengthy deployment periods and work closely with others in a small working area and in a shipboard environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Us citizen with ability to obtain a Secret level DoD Security clearance
- Providing technical support on uncrewable 60m Offshore surface vessels (e.g. medium/overlord unmanned surface vessels - M/OUSV) ship in port and at sea
- Preparation, preservation, and cleanliness of navy watercraft, performance of pre/post mission craft readiness functions
- Provides basic vessel facility maintenance support and cleaning duties
- Reports to waterfront operations for M/OUSV ship, working at-sea, dockside and at maintenance layup environments
- Preparation, preservation, and cleanliness of unmanned M/OUSV ship, and any associated equipment
- Assists in pre/post mission craft readiness functions (e.g. pre underway checklists, line handling, system layup)
- Provides basic facility maintenance support and cleaning duties
- May assist in facility security and visitor control function
- You will participate in Leidos and Government environmental safety and health programs
- This position will require close cooperation and working relationships with active-duty military and other Government personnel
- Active Secret level DoD Security clearance
- Prior US military service, preferably Navy and on a surface or subsurface Navy platform
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.