Software Engineer in Test
Trading Technology, Remote
Posted on 3/15/2022
- 5+ years combined professional experience between development and testing work
- Proven experience writing new software functionality or tools independently from scratch
- Comfortable working in codebases of up to several thousands of lines of code with minimal assistance
- Comfortable writing not only tests but all frameworks and tooling required to support new functionality
- Comfortable writing multi-threaded code
- Comfortable working from the command line and writing tools targeting this mode of operation
- Comfortable and productive working on a remote-first, asynchronous basis
- Familiar with common communication protocols (HTTP, SSL/TLS, TCP) and data serialisation formats
- Familiar with Unix-based operating systems, Docker, and Git
- BS in computer science or a related quantitative field
- Ideally experience with Python or Go but also open to Java
- Identify test coverage gaps in new and existing back-end trading components
- Build out test coverage, writing all tests using an imperative programming language
- Write CI scripts, ensuring test failure reasons are clear to developers reading the CI logs
- Build out modular test code repositories, pushing code daily or near daily
- Track project priorities and deadlines and ensure test coverage is adequate before release
- Raise awareness of any testing gaps and risks to project leaders on an ongoing basis
- Work independently to read through existing test code and CI scripts to understand how things work
Kraken's mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion.
- Competitive salary and equity plan
- 401k contribution plan
- Vacation & Generous PTO
- Paid Tranings
Company Core Values
- Remote Friendly: 90% of Krakenites work remotely, we believe people do their best work wherever they're happiest
- Flexibility and Autonomy: We are highly results-focused vs. time-focused. We want you to work when and how you need to keep you at your most proactive.
- Diversity: Our Team is spread across 60 countries. By joining Kraken you'll be part of a truly multicultural organization that values diversity and inclusion.
- Kindness: From executive leadership onwards, we are committed to making Kraken a welcoming and respectful community.