Natron seeks a Planner/Buyer to carry out procurement activities. This person will support the company by purchasing goods and services, engaging vendors and suppliers, and implementing procurement systems. This person is a strong collaborator who is able to engage internal and external stakeholders to rapidly address supply and sourcing constraints. Qualified applications have significant prior experience as a buyer for programs involving hardware device manufacturing, preferably in the field of batteries. The person for this position has a positive attitude, collaborates well, and does what it takes to get the job done.
- Manage assign commodities by communicating MRP changes to the suppliers, minimizing obsolete inventory while achieving the optimum inventory levels.
- Manage monthly and year end physical inventory audits of all raw materials, WIP, and finish goods.
- Manage inventory pipelines from NPI to manufacturing and/or off-site contract manufacturers.
- Utilize company ERP system for inventory management and schedule optimization.
- Plan and coordinate all material requirements of assign commodities and supplier availability utilizing the MRP system.
- Synchronize with freight forwarders to arrange and prepare documentation shipment export. Handle manifest on container moves, supervise export packing with freight forwarders.
- Research and source new suppliers of manufacture goods, prepare and release RFQ’s, negotiate pricing and prepare purchase orders.
- Reduce credit holds and reestablish positive account status during ERP implementation.
- Expedite any urgent purchase requisitions when essential items are needed immediately.
- Identify critical long-lead items and support project cost-management initiatives.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 7-10 years procurement experience in manufacturing
- Proven supplier management experience, including supplier performance reviews
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes, components, and supply chain management
- Fluency in statistical problem-solving techniques as applied to procurement and manufacturing operations
- Experience with NetSuite and the associated system maintenance
- Experience working with contract manufacturers locally and internationally
- Proficiency in MS office including advanced Excel skills
Natron Energy (natron.energy
) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up. The company has a strong leadership team that includes world-class C and VP level strategy, sales, operations, and technology executives.
·Founded in 2012 as a Stanford spin out
·Now selling the world’s first UL certified Na-ion product in $9B data center market, with $700k shipped and $1.5M
·First product (battery tray for in-rack power) is fully de-risked and sold out through Q1 2023
·Second product (ultra high-power battery rack services) launched in 2022
What differentiates Natron Energy from other battery companies?
Natron Energy solves the problems created by lead acid and lithium-ion technology:
· Higher power discharge and faster recharge
A smaller footprint for high power leaves more space to generate revenue
Fast recharge results in higher system uptime
· Industry leading service life
Tens-of-thousands of charge-discharge cycles enables real-time peak saving of volatile electrical loads
Predictable degradation without surprise failures
The only battery that cannot start a fire
Customers gain confidence and save on fire mitigation costs
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: [email protected]