Senior Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Houston, TX, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work directly with your software's users
- Leadership skills and a team orientated mentality
- Experience working in the trading industry, or a similarly demanding industry, developing business critical applications
- Java - at least 5 years of full stack experience writing Java servers running on Linux
- Python - 3+ years of professional script development experience
- Build out real time trade management and risk analysis algorithms and visualization tools
- Write performance sensitive code and algorithms
- Support the trading desk's research & analysis workflows - utilizing and extending DRW's in house data analysis infrastructure
- Work directly with traders, developers and researchers in a tight knit team to develop things like low latency trading infrastructure, tools, web UI, and trading strategies
- Trading industry experience is preferred but not required
- C/C++ - ability to maintain and integrate native code - e.g. integrating a C++ library into a Java system
- Web UIs - you should be able to write user interface code to present the majority of our tools to users
- Rust - we use Rust where performance matters
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
Company Core Values
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.