Clari’s Revenue platform gives forecasting accuracy and visibility from the sales rep to the board room on revenue performance - helping them spot revenue leak to answer if they will meet, beat, or miss their sales goals. With insights like this, no wonder leading companies worldwide, including Okta, Adobe, Workday, and Zoom use Clari to drive revenue accuracy and precision. We never get tired of our customers singing our praises because it fuels us to help them continue to achieve remarkable. The next generation of revenue excellence is here…are you ready to achieve remarkable with us?
About this role
The Strategy and Operations team is on a mission to identify and unlock strategic initiatives that can move the needle for Clari. These are high-impact projects that span the entire business - operations, GTM, product development, marketing, board/investors, M&A, competitive, CEO projects - and everything in between. The team specializes in cross-functional projects and taking on the toughest and most ambiguous problems at Clari.
As the Strategy and Operations Manager, you will drive strategic initiatives across the company. You will partner closely with the management team on special projects and big bets that will steer us to long-term success. The ideal candidate is an ex-consultant with some SaaS or Tech experience keen to turn strategy into execution through proper diligence and program management. This role will report to the VP of Business Operations, within the Strategy & Operations function.
∙ Enjoy the cutting edge - Each topic will be new. You will learn, create the expertise, then educate the rest of the organization.
∙ Enjoy the breadth of new things - You will be comfortable taking on a topic where are novices. You have the intellectual flexibility to work across all functions.
∙ Thrive in ambiguity - Every initiative will be full of surprises. You will help define and shape priorities, and pivot accordingly. You don’t get rattled by the pace or change.
∙ Highly objective, structured thinker - You often use frameworks to evaluate decisions, pressure test others’ POVs and can challenge authority effectively.
∙ Communicate well - Both written and verbal are critical because this is about codifying a perspective and communicating to / implementing it with others.
∙ Enjoy developing a POV from scratch - Start from first principles, gather data, gather input, propose a set of options, and propose a crawl-walk-run approach.
∙ You have a ‘hands-on’ / ‘just do it’ approach - “0 to 1” initiatives require ingenuity and relentless self-accountability. The opportunity is a true blue ocean - make something from nothing, and bring vision to reality!
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- Diligence & POV generation: Take an ambiguous research question or problem or opportunity, gather the relevant insights, develop a POV, make recommendations
- Project management: Design, execute, and manage strategic initiatives across all stakeholders across the company, ensuring accountability and outputs
- Ad hoc problem solving: Dive into hairy situations on an ad hoc basis and help with ‘hands-on’ improvements or an advisory capacity
- Asset creation: Create analyses, marketing materials, sales playbooks, product training materials, visual roadmaps, etc. to simplify complex ideas into digestible formats
- Deal support: Jump into deals to de-risk new ideas, gather insights and help generate ARR while developing new capabilities for the business
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work lock-step with all functions. Develop a deep understanding of Clari use cases, end-user needs, field needs, and product needs
- Learning loops & KPI management: Own the latest perspective, improve on it, develop SMART KPIs, and drive towards KPIs
- Executive presentations: Constantly present to, gather input from, and cater to executives across the various functions. Be a valuable partner
- 4+ years of experience in strategy, business operations, innovation, and new initiatives roles
- Consulting background from a top consulting firm with exposure to a wide range of business problems; SaaS / Sales / Startup experience is a plus
- Proven record of project management in high ambiguity, high flexibility environments
- Proven record of success launching “0 to 1” projects and executing on them
- Clear evidence of both “first-principles thinking” and “thinking by analogy”
- Experience with a wide variety of business levers to drive business growth
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and present it to different audiences in clear and effective ways
- Excellent project management, critical, and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to work across the entire company, from executive staff to individual contributors in sales, engineering, and marketing – to drive rapid, cross-functional projects and deliverables
Perks and Benefits @ Clari
- Remote-first with opportunities to work and celebrate in person
- Medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, Life insurance, and EAP
- Mental health support provided by Modern Health
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Well-being and professional development funds
- Retirement 401(k) plan
- 100% paid parental leave, plus fertility and family planning support provided by Maven
- Discretionary paid time off, monthly ‘take a break’ days, and Focus Fridays
- Focus on culture: Charitable giving match, plus in-person and virtual events
It is Clari’s intent to pay all Clarians competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair, and equitable. The goal of Clari’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees and encourage employees to stay and grow at Clari.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to specific work location, skill set, depth of experience, education and certifications.
The salary range for this position is $116,000 to $174,000. The compensation package for this position also includes stock options and company-paid benefits, including well-being and professional development stipends.
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about being remarkable. To Clari, remarkable means many things. We believe in providing interesting and meaningful work in a nurturing and inclusive environment. One that is free from discrimination for everyone without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work-life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work for several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!
If you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, we want you to apply! Clari believes in hiring people, not just skills. If you are passionate about learning and excited about what we are doing, then we want to hear from you.
Clari focuses on culture add, not culture fit. One of our values is One with Customers, and we know we can serve them better when we involve as many different perspectives as possible. Our team is made stronger by what makes you unique, so we hope you’ll bring your whole self to the job.