Help us build the future of cargo insurance
Are you an experienced Program Manager - Insurance ready to take on a new challenge and be a part of an innovative logistics powerhouse taking on the insurance industry? Flexport’s Insurance team, specializing in cargo insurance, is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team as an Program Manager. You will have a key role in scaling our business, managing critical day-to-day activities, and implementing new processes to improve efficiency spanning both operations and technology. This is a rare opportunity to join a company that is not only disrupting the logistics industry at the global scale, but also reinventing the antiquated world of cargo insurance. Don’t miss out on this chance to take your career to the next level and make a real difference in global trade.
As a Program Manager - Insurance, you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of our group. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, sales, and product, to identify and implement new features and functionality. You will also be responsible for driving operational efficiencies, identifying new opportunities and ensuring the success of our growing team.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of our team - handling reporting, compliance, operational improvements, feedback for technical improvements of our platform, and increase customer satisfaction
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, sales, and product, to identify and implement new features and functionality
- Continuously analyze market trends and industry landscape to ensure our platform stays at the forefront of innovation in comparison to our competitors
- Identify and track key metrics to measure the success of new offerings in accordance with our annual plans
- Continuously gather feedback from customers and stakeholders to improve our in-house product to drive innovation
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery and scalability of our platform
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards
- Lead by example and inspire a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in program management
- Strong experience in leading the day-to-day operations of a business unit
- Strong understanding of software development best practices and methodologies
- Strong experience in driving operational efficiencies and identifying new opportunities
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for technology and the insurtech industry
- Strong problem-solving and resourcefulness mindset
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people fromdiverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range displayed, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and / or training.
The US base salary range for this full-time position: (exclusive of bonus, equity and benefits.)