Be Part of Building the Future
Dremio is The Easy and Open Data Lakehouse, providing self-service analytics with data warehouse functionality and data lake flexibility across all of your data. Dremio increases agility with a revolutionary data-as-code approach that adopts Git concepts to enable data experimentation, version control, and governance. In addition, Dremio breaks down data silos by simplifying ingestion into the lakehouse, and also allowing queries directly on databases and data warehouses. All of this is available through a fully managed service that not only eliminates the need to maintain infrastructure and software, but also automatically optimizes the data in the lakehouse to maximize performance for every workload.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Investors include Cisco Investments, Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, and Sapphire Ventures. For more information, visit www.dremio.com. Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the role
Dremio Cloud is hiring an experienced Senior Software Engineer. In this role you will be responsible for delivering Dremio Lakehouse SaaS offering in multiple public clouds (AWS, Azure and GCP). You will tackle complex distributed systems challenges like federated authentication and authorization, building scalable and resilient services, improving overall system performance and throughput, and ensuring that the services can be operationalized effectively and economically. This is an opportunity to join a growth stage startup and help build highly scalable cloud services.
What you’ll be doing
- Build critical multi-cloud software for Dremio Cloud
- Own the full cycle of development from inception, design, development, testing, production deployment
- Collaborate with various functions of the organization
- Analyze and advocate for better technologies in multi-cloud services, network access, security and distributed systems development
- Debug distributed Java microservices based applications, finding root cause of failures, propose and implement simple yet effective solutions
- Deliver various software functions of the core cloud platform - multi-tenant microservices, caching, auto-scaling, telemetry and observability, Kubernetes & container deployment models
- Develop federated authentication and authorization and other security into the platform to ensure secure operation of the multi-cloud Dremio Cloud SaaS
- Build observability, telemetry, (open)tracing, debuggability, and other functions to enable efficient operation of the service
- Become a successful leader through collaboration, mentoring and developing the team
What we’re looking for
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong programming skills in Java or C/C++
- Must have hands-on experience in either AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience building scalable and resilient microservices in Kubernetes
- Building high performance and multi-tenant software
- Experience with building robust and scalable APIs for data processing platform
- A culture of building high quality and secure products and solutions with experience building unit, functional tests and integrating into CI/CD pipelines
- Effective communication skills to articulate, document and present solution plans to engineering, product management and other functions of the organization
- Affinity for collaboration and teamwork
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded and asynchronous patterns and their applications towards developing scalable systems
Bonus points if you have
- Hands-on development experience building multi-cloud software solutions in specifically AWS and Azure
- Data warehouse design, database systems design, and large-scale data processing solutions
- Understanding of SQL, Query Planning and Optimization
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Short term / long term disability and life insurance
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Flexible PTO
- 16 hours of volunteer time off
- 12 company paid holidays, including Juneteenth
- Remote work options
- Monthly “Get Stuff Done” (GSD) Days
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Quarterly swag surprise
**Certain benefits are only allowed to full-time Dremio employees and may not be the same across all locations. #LI-JW1 #LI-Remote
The compensation range for this position is $154,545 to $209,091 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. Depending on the position offered, the on target earnings (OTE) may include a bonus or commission.
What we value
At Dremio, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to People, Thinking, and Action. Our Gnarlies (that’s what we call our employees) communicate with clarity, drive accountability, and are respectful towards each other. We confront brutal facts and focus on results while operating with a sense of urgency and building a "flywheel". People who like to jump in and drive momentum will thrive in our #GnarlyLife.
Dremio is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other unlawful factor.
Dremio is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
Dremio has policies in place to protect the personal information that employees and applicants disclose to us. Please click here to review the privacy notice.