In-office locations: Santa Monica, CA, USA and Philadelphia, PA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
As a certified B Corp, our mission is truly woven into the fabric of what we do. As you grow professionally, you are doing good for the planet by helping us to transform the way consumers access clean energy and accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future.
Our rapidly growing Commercial Operations team of mission-driven, climate enthusiasts is passionate, innovative and committed to a better future for the planet. We are looking for a Sr. Director, Power Settlements to help us lead the Power, Gas and Environmental Products settlements team for the North East. In this role, you’ll be responsible for interfacing between the Portfolio Management desk and Finance/Accounting to translate operating data into accounting information and ensure the accuracy of our commercial platform. This role is an opportunity to establish your vision for how people, technology, and processes can come together to drive relentless operating efficiency and accuracy in financial reporting.
How you’ll help:
- Execute daily COGS settlement and shadow settlement processes with ISO’s, Utilities, Pipelines and bilateral counterparties
- Perform weekly intra-month componentized COGS updates to Accounting and assist in monthly close process
- Deliver monthly P&L disaggregation and curve review process to create feedback loop for integrated operating model
- Track environmental product obligation accruals to ensure accurate balances
Some Year 1 deliverables:
- Establish and implement suite of daily, weekly, monthly processes to consolidate various settlement data into accounting information
- Evaluate current settlements approach/methodology and implement enhancements to ensure accuracy
- Establish strategic roadmap and hiring plan
Here’s what you’ll provide:
- >7 years leading power settlements in PJM, NYISO, or ISO-NE
- In depth knowledge of power and gas settlements frameworks with proven history establishing settlement and shadow settlement processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead large, cross-functional projects methodically to drive desired outcomes
- Strong understanding of financial accounting requirements for Retail Energy
- Nice to Haves
- Experience leveraging programming languages (SQL, Python) to perform analysis/reconciliation of large data sets
- Natural Gas settlements experience
- REC/Carbon settlements experience
- Accounting experience
Our Work Model:
Being bi-coastal, we have mastered the art of working collaboratively across different time zones and regions. Working from the comforts of our own homes, we don’t mind the surprise cameos from children and pets. With our Open Workplace model, we encourage our teams to come together and take advantage of our collaborative work spaces in both Santa Monica, CA and Philadelphia, PA. We often host office events and celebrations that you won’t want to miss!
Dedication to DE&I:
The desire to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace in which everyone can thrive has been a guiding force in Inspire’s journey. Our diversity mission statement is as follows: “The best Inspire is a diverse Inspire. We’re passionately building a culture of belonging and empowerment to create a better world for all.”That’s why we’re committed to leveling the playing field and highly encourage all women, BIPOC, and those in the LGBTQIA+ communities to apply for our open positions even if you don’t match 100% of the listed criteria. We would love to learn more about you!
Here’s what we offer: The estimated starting salary range for new hires is $180,000 - $220,500 annually + bonus + benefits, less applicable withholdings and deductions. (The actual salary offered may vary based on relevant factors as determined in the Company’s discretion, which may include experience, qualifications, tenure [for existing employees], skill set, availability of qualified candidates, geographic location, certifications held, and other criteria deemed pertinent to the particular role. Note that the majority of individuals in the position will fall in the low to mid-level of this scale; the upper end of this pay scale is offered only in exceptional circumstances and/or for qualified candidates.) We are excited to invest in the wellbeing of our employees by offering a competitive total rewards package that includes health and wellness benefits, tuition assistance, and 401(k) matching.
Health & Wellness:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage starts from day one
- Summer Fridays and Wellness days
- Mental Health Benefits (Headspace, Ginger)
- Company Paid Parental Leave
Life at Inspire:
- Flexible Time Off
- 401(K) up to 4% Matching
- Employee Resource Groups
- Treks through GivePower and the opportunity to participate in service trip
- Training, development, and growth opportunities for all employees
- Work from Home
- Semi Annual Performance Bonuses
- B Corporation Discounts
- Open Office Floor Plan
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Fun Company Events
More About Who We Are:
Inspire is a clean energy technology company on a mission to transform the way consumers access clean energy and to accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future.
We provide our customers with access to renewable energy from wind, solar, and hydro powered sources without service interruptions or costly installations at a flat, predictable monthly rate. On average, one year of being an Inspire member can help avoid 9,639 pounds of carbon emissions - that is 7x more impactful than one year of recycling!