In this role, the Senior EHR Optimization Manager will play a critical role in shaping and executing Aledade’s EHR optimization strategy to support our partner practices in adopting best practice value-based care workflows. You’ll lead multiple programs while building and managing a team of EHR subject matter experts.
The ideal candidate has an empathetic coaching style, strong presentation experience to stakeholders at various levels, expertise in multiple top-tier EHR systems with the ability to quickly learn new systems, proven experience leveraging native EHR technology to drive clinical and/or business outcomes, and excellent independent project management skills. This position will work remotely within the US and includes periodic travel to Aledade’s Headquarters in Bethesda, MD, assigned markets, and partner practices.
We are flexible with respect to geographic location, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely/working from home within the US.
As a Senior EHR Optimization Manager, you will be responsible for:
Providing Thought Partnership and Leadership
- Proactively pull in diversity of thought and perspective in order to collaborate with leaders across the organization on current or potential initiatives, including the scoping and design of new pilots or projects for the EHR Optimization team
- Think beyond just the Implementation team on how your work contributes to making Aledade better holistically
- Focus on programs and/or portfolios by leading one or more zones in our Implementation Operations structure
- Develop and operationalize methods to measure the value/ROI of our EHR Optimization interventions
- Determine strategies to deploy EHR optimization at scale to a high volume of practices
Building and Managing a High-Performing Team
- Maintain a balance between interpersonal skills, empathy, and results-driven focus to manage team performance
- Mentor, train, and coach other team members through a management relationship
- Lead the interview and hiring process
Leading EHR Optimization Efforts and Projects
- Independently manage multiple projects within specified timeframes at various stages to optimize a wide variety of EHRs to support patient-centric quality of care based workflows and communicate project progress effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Present to audiences ranging from practice leadership/executives to front-line staff, influencing adoption of Aledade’s best practices and materials that orient to Aledade’s service
- Demonstrate competency in multiple top-tier EHRs, with the ability to quickly learn new EHR systems, and serve as an expert on at least one to two EHRs
- Coordinate efforts to conduct assessments of how practices are currently utilizing their EHR systems and identify areas where their systems can be optimized to support ACO initiatives
- Perform technical discovery to understand practices’ technical landscape (which systems are used, where data resides) and explain data flow/integration scenarios
- Collaborate with practice stakeholders along with a multidisciplinary team to identify, develop, and implement EHR solutions to support strategic ACO initiatives
- Assist practices to fully leverage their existing EHR systems to support strategic ACO initiatives
- Training proficiency in delivering detailed but concise content on complex material to multiple client stakeholders
- Assist practices in ensuring data is properly captured in their EHR systems in order to accurately generate quality measures and other reporting
- Ensure practices are able to share practice-generated data with Aledade
- Work with practices to locate and retrieve historical claims data
- Develop and maintain educational materials to facilitate knowledge sharing
What We Value:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience required
- Masters degree in related field and/or project management certification preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, particularly working as a client-facing project lead in the healthcare industry (i.e., ambulatory practice, EHR vendor, health plan, hospital, government, management consulting) with a proven track record of creating, maintaining, and enhancing customer relationships
- Previous implementation and optimization experience with multiple top-tier ambulatory EHR systems (athena, eClinicalWorks, etc.) is required
- Must be results-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume of projects independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining focus on key goals
- Experience developing educational material, training curriculums and other instructional content to facilitate continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Vision for the end goal, with initiative and adaptability to problem solve the best path to get there
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with a wide range of software applications including Excel, Salesforce, Tableau, and Google platform
- Proven track record of building and managing strong teams
- Deep understanding of clinical data exchange modalities and ontologies
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated, including booster shots, against COVID-19 with a COVID-19 vaccine for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a license or an Emergency Use Authorization prior to mutually-agreed upon start date at Aledade, unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement.
If you are passionate about transforming the healthcare system into one that best serves the needs of patients, doctors, and society, we’d love for you to join us!
Who We Are:
Aledade is a leader in population health that is using innovative, value based solutions to transform the way physicians interact with their patients. We are on a mission to change healthcare for the better and solve complex problems within the healthcare system.
We follow the simple but radical idea that Aledade only succeeds when our partner practices succeed. From our cutting-edge technology platform to practice transformation services, we provide physicians with everything they need to create and run an accountable care organization (ACO
), revamping the way they practice and getting them back to where they should be: quarterbacking their patients’ health care!
Our customized solutions help clinicians in communities across America preserve their autonomy, deliver better care to their patients, reduce overall costs, and keep independent physician practices flourishing.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness, and a desire to learn. You will work with team members that bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs, and achievements to their work, united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
We’ve recently been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post, Best Workplace in HealthCare & Biopharma, Top 100 Best Small & Medium Workplaces, Glassdoor Best Places to Work, a Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation, a Tech Tribune 10 Best Tech Startups in Maryland and Bethesda, Best Tech for Good, Best Workplaces for Millennials, Best Workplaces for Women, Best Workplaces for Parents, Top Workplaces USA, and a Healthcare Industry Top Workplace.
That’s because the things that matter to you also matter to us!
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the needs of our full-time team-members:
Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely available for many roles
Educational Assistant Program
Robust time off plan (21 days of PTO in your first year!)
Paid Volunteer Days
11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners
401(k) with up to 4% match
Monthly cell phone stipend
Jeans everyday workplace
Gender neutral bathrooms
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.