Associate Game Designer
Posted on 9/15/2022
Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Past experience working on video games and video game projects
- Past experience making games using the Unity Game Engine
- History of working as part of a team in a highly collaborative, fast paced, and high-pressure environment
- Detailed knowledge of current video games, video game design, and trends in video game design
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
- Writing game design and technical design documentation to clearly explain tools and systems as required
- Collaborating with the team to build independent prototypes in the Unity Game Engine to prove out new features before they are green-lit for production
- Tuning game systems and features to ensure an ideal user experience and optimized performance
- Participating in play tests to analyze and ultimately improve the gameplay experience
- Taking direction from team leaders on game design requirements and implementing direction in a manner that creates an optimal end-use experience
- A diploma or degree from a recognized Video Game College or University program
- An undergraduate degree from a university or college program
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.