Posted on 11/24/2022
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
- Associates Degree in a technically related field with 4 or more years of experience. Additional years of experience, training, and/or certifications may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- Currently possess DoD Secret Clearance with ability to maintain upon hire
- Possess or ability to obtain a valid U.S. Passport
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office products, especially Power Point, Word, and Excel
- Must have the ability to work under only very general supervision and able to provide training to shipboard assigned technicians
- Able to pass a mariner's physical per COMSCINST 6000.1.c and must maintain their medical fitness for the position
- Must have a valid driver's license and willing to obtain an international driving permit to drive on the left side of the road if needed
- Provide direct support for the SURTASS Training program by training SURTASS Operation Center Technicians (SOC Techs) in the function, operation, and basic tactical employment of newly standard operating procedures used throughout the SURTASS programs
- This work will be performed in the classroom using lecture methods and simulator systems, onboard USNS vessels for pier-side training, and at-sea embarked for limited duration on available SURTASS platforms
- Act as a liaison/coordinator with contract sponsor, SURTASS ships' Master, sponsored ship riders, MILCREW, other SURTASS contractors, MSC, shipyard personnel and other government organizations. CONUS and OCONUS travel
- Prepare operational and maintenance procedures and manuals
- May be involved in assessing fielded training approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency for customer needs
- Maintain training tracking documentations and assisting SURTASS Operations Management with ship's crew rotations and sponsored training scheduling
- Involved in selection of new and potentially non-traditional technologies, processes, and procedures to produce and deliver mission support training materials
- Support Training Development and efforts, including curriculum development
- Involved in development, testing, and fielding of training systems and solutions, including on site activation
- Support training conduct and training development for Foreign Military Sales
- Collaborate with colleagues and apply background experience to ensure training events are conducted in accordance with standards
- Ability to work at sea or shore-side as training administrator
- Master Training Specialist (MTS)
- Navy Journeyman Instructor (NEC 9502 or equivalent) experience
- Situational Awareness Workstation Operator (SAWO) (NEC V94B) training and qualification
- Experienced in civilian or military operations
- Creative thinking skills and strategic mindset
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.