Who We Are
Vial’s vision is to empower scientists to cure all human disease. Vial was founded on a mission to
reimagine clinical trials and deliver faster and more efficient trials for sponsors. Through our end to end technology platform, we are delivering on a generational opportunity to make trials radically more efficient.
Vial’s co-founders (Simon Burns and Andrew Brackin) were early team members at $1B+ startups Robinhood, Opendoor and Newfront. Our early team is made up of experienced technology and operations leaders from Apple, Google, Microsoft, Faire, Chime and other leading technology companies.
Vial was founded in Oct 2020 and has grown the team to over 100 across the business. Come join us on our adventure to reimagine clinical trials.
What You’ll Do
As a Product Design Intern at Vial, you will work with our Product, Engineering, Operations, Clinical Operations and Strategy team to help build products to power clinical trials end to end. You will be working with a nimble team to build products that will have real impact on improving clinical trials. You will lead design to build the AWS of Life Sciences - empowering biotech to scale biology like software.
Your responsibilities will include
- Own the end-to-end design across multiple products to continually provide value to clinics, patients, and biotech companies through great UI/UX and design thinking
- Drive meaningful impact, contribute to our design practices, shape the culture and be a part of a formative stage for the product and team
- Contribute to and help shape the product roadmap, both short term, and long-term
- Maintain and develop our design system
- Design product concepts that balance vision, craft, speed, and business potential
- Partner with engineers to ship pixel-perfect designs
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of industry experience designing software products
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a breadth of user experience, interaction and visual design skills
- Mastery of Figma
- Ability to think about high-level product vision, understand how to effectively balance user needs, business objectives, and technical constraints
- Entrepreneurial mindset, experience in startup environment preferred
- Experience with healthcare or clinical trials is a plus
Why You’ll Love Working At Vial
We are innately curious. We found our calling in clinical trials after learning the pain points directly. It is our curiosity that propels us to keep building, finding new challenges, and fulfilling our vision of reimagining clinical trials.
We believe in autonomy. Team members do their best work when given autonomy. In order to make an impact on the scale of the Vial vision, we built our culture to enable each Vial team member to feel ownership of their domain.
We take pride in building mastery. We believe in building master in a craft. Craftsmanship, a pride in one’s craft, is key to prolonged engagement on a difficult challenge. Vial’s culture is one of highly autonomous, deeply focused experts working on an immensely hard problem together.
Our strength is moving fast and staying humble. We believe that if we build a team that is intellectually honest, that we stay nimble and keep an open mind to all solutions - we’ll be adaptive and solve the problems that face us at every turn.
Competitive Equity Compensation
Health, Dental, and Vision
Paid Parental Leave