We are seeking a qualified Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant to provide thorough and concentrated support in organization and planning of time-management to a Senior Portfolio Manager at Schonfeld’s Miami office. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing a diverse workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment. This position will work in close partnership with the Portfolio Manager’s Executive Assistant abroad and responsibilities will be determined together as to how to best execute. He/she must operate under extreme confidentiality in all aspects of the role.
What you’ll do
This is a role with many hats. He/she will serve as a gatekeeper to the Portfolio Manager in both business and personal matters. He/she will work to establish administrative processes and routines to optimize success and efficiency, including meticulous and elaborate dedication of keeping PM on track daily for calendar tasks. He/she will be based in Miami, FL.
Executive Assistant Duties:
- Methodical help to Portfolio Manager in time management tasks including but not limited to providing daily schedule and summary for the day, attending or dialing in on meetings scheduled for the PM, ensure PM leaves on time to get to new meetings, and walking through daily tasks as needed given busy schedule for the day.
- Extensive scheduling and calendar management in coordination with other teams daily
- Expense management
- Heavy International and Domestic travel needs, including flights, hotels, other transportation, detailed itineraries, restaurant reservations, and more
- Help to organize and provide logistics for all types of team and firmwide events (as needed)
- Keep track of and coordinate notes and/or gifts for employee birthdays/anniversaries/family-related milestones
- Lunch/coffee daily
- Answer phone calls and take messages
- In-person meeting preparation, including print materials and handle technology set up in conference rooms
- Maintain business contact information
Personal Assistant Duties:
- Travel planning for family, including flights, hotels, other transportation, detailed itineraries, restaurant reservations, and more
- Help secure any travel-related visas/documents for childcare support
- Healthcare related items such as track insurance submissions and reimbursements
- Keep all paperwork up to date for the family (passports, licenses, car and home needs)
- Dinner reservations as needed
- Order gifts for family and friends as needed
- Manage the family calendar in close communication with the spouse of the Sr. Portfolio Manager for events such as dinners, travel
- Help with family events such as birthday parties and holiday dinners
- Maintain all personal/family contact information
What you’ll bring
Experience & Skills
- Strong sense of judgment and always act with extreme confidentiality/discretion in mind
- Have a “can do” attitude
- Strong written & verbal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple streams of information & tasks
- Confidence to follow up with team members/ executives and hold them accountable
- Process-oriented and very strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Personable, mature, and poised
- Team player
We’d love if you had:
- Experience with Concur
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant
- Previous experience in finance or hedge funds
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within themarkets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.