Software Development Engineer in Test
Posted on 5/2/2022
San Jose, CA, USA
- Have a high bar for the quality of the product
- Creative, independent, self-motivated and willing to learn new technology
- Possess good understanding of QA methodologies and processes
- Ability to take up a variety of roles in a startup environment
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities spanning multiple software and hardware components (such as storage systems,Networks)
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows. Should be comfortable with shell
- Prior experience of programming, preferably in Go or Python
- Understanding of data protection, storage, distributed file system concepts is a must
- BS in Computer Science with 6+yr experience or MS in Computer Science with 5yr experience
- 3+ years experience in testing systems products (storage, distributed systems, HA systems etc.)
- Own Data Protection related product areas and lead the test effort of one or more features
- Work with the engineering team during the feature design and implementation phases to develop:
- The test methodology (designing the test approach) to test the feature end-to-end
- Test plans
- Collaborate with other testing members, developers, technical writers, and customer solutions engineers to ensure the company delivers high quality products to our customers
- Execute multiple iterations of the test plan by running manual and automated test cases
- Keeping scale and performance always in mind when testing these products
- Analyze failures and root cause issues, file defects, follow up with developers, documentation and other teams on the resolution
- Able to derive meaningful insights from the collected data, articulate findings effectively with senior team members to troubleshoot issues in customer environments
- Automate test cases
- Know how to measure CPU, memory, I/O, network and storage utilization under various conditions and be able to correlate those with the test results
- Monitor and manage continuous integration environment
- Experience with distributed systems (databases, storage, map-reduce frameworks, etc.) is a plus
Information technology company
Cohesity is on a mission is to radically simplify how organizations manage their data and unlock limitless value. The company develops software that allows IT professionals to backup, manage and gain insights from their data, across multiple systems or cloud providers.
- Health & Wellness - Managing emotional and physical health are key to living happier lives. Cohesity employees enjoy access to exercise and meditation apps, e-Learning resources, Scribd, and more.
- Parental Leave - Cohesity offers salary continuation in coordination with other benefits up to 20 weeks for maternity leaves. Up to four weeks of child bonding leave is offered to non-birth parents.
- Personal Time - Our unlimited PTO policy ensures that you have work-life wellbeing and flexibility when you need it.
- Financial - Cohesity offers a competitive salary, pay-for-performance bonus plan, retirement savings plan, flexible spending accounts, commuter checks, and more.
- Positive Attitude
- Customer Obsession