Rebellion Defense builds the modern mission stack for detecting and deterring adversaries at scale. We deliver technology for the protection of the United States, the United Kingdom, and our allies. We are building a team of the world’s best technologists to work on products that defend democracy, humanitarian values, and the rule of global law with the purpose of peace.
Our people are passionate about creating a company where technologists empower the military and our civil servants to solve some of the hardest problems in government. Rebellion Defense is driven by our mission — but a set of core values binds us together: we hire by them, operate through them, and uphold them in every decision we make for ourselves and for our customers.
We are hiring a Software Engineer, Optimizationto join our team. While this role can be located anywhere in the United States, you may choose to work from our Washington, DC headquarters. Relocation assistance may be provided. Occasional travel may be required.
As a Software Engineer, Optimization, you will:
- Create proof-of-concepts and translate research prototypes into software beta’s that we can test and iterate on in a national security customer environment.
- Collaborate with software engineers, applied research engineers, and optimization engineers to develop and ship world-class software.
- Deliver the next generation mission planning software for the United States and its allies using AI/ML, optimization, and algorithms.
- Work with the latest tools, on well-resourced teams, at the leading edge of operations research, distributed scalable systems, and AI/ML, in defense of national security.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Experience working with online machine learning, algorithms, and optimization.
- Experience building performant, distributed systems to solve cloud-scale NP-hard problems like TSP, VRP, or similar problems.
- Experience building and deploying production AI/ML, optimization applications, and industrial grade experiment infrastructure.
- Experience translating and progressing research into proof of concepts, prototypes, and production systems.
Preferred Qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with many areas of mathematical optimization and related key disciplines including: linear, quadratic, conic, nonlinear, mixed integer, derivative-free, and constraint satisfiability programming, convex and nonconvex methods, branching, multistart, stochastic optimization, and interior point methods.
- Experience with software packages such as CPLEX, Gurobi, OR-tools, and GAMS
- Experience with many areas of AI/ML and related key technical disciplines including: supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, federated learning, generative models and simulation
- Proficiency in two or more modern programming languages.
We embrace diversity and difference, and believe that broadening the perspectives of our teams will help enable innovation and lead to better outcomes. We encourage your application even if you may not meet all the preferred qualifications. We work collaboratively as a team to support one another in our mission and promote professional development.
The annual salary range for this role as it is posted is $190,000 to $240,000 regardless of final candidate location within the United States. The final job level and annual salary will be determined based on the education, qualification, knowledge, skills, ability, and experience of the final candidate(s), and calibrated against relevant market data and internal team equity. Benefits listed in this posting may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Rebellion Defense.
Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Rebellion’s products are subject to export controls, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). To work with our products, you must be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the US, a protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State or US Department of Commerce.