Senior Engineering Manager
Traffic & Attribution Data
Posted on 6/28/2022
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of relevant engineering work experience in data or analytics engineering, including 5+ hands-on engineering management experience
- Hands-on experience with designing large scale offline data systems for high performance
- Experience with modern batch & real-time data processing technologies
- Proven track record in building and leading incredible engineering teams
- Passionate about understanding data and its relevance to business decisions
- Ability to operate in a fast-moving environment supporting a rapidly growing business
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Visitors & Device Graph - How many visits are we receiving? How many visitors are we receiving? How do visits across multiple devices map to unique visitors?
- Locations - What is the location of each listing on Airbnb? Each user?
- Attribution - How effectively are marketing campaigns driving visitors & conversions to our site?
- Bots - How much of our traffic is driven by humans vs bots? What product surfaces are bots visiting? How do our bot interventions affect bot traffic?
- Develop a bold vision and comprehensive roadmaps which transform our company capabilities through data
- Partner with business and Data Science teams to acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of current and future business context and requirements
- Build & lead a world class Engineering team
- Establish a team culture around engineering excellence
- Lead development of a data architecture for your domains which integrates with the broader company data architecture
- Deliver broadly used foundational data models (tables & metrics) and dashboards and support consumers of these assets
- Partner with infrastructure teams to develop next generation data platform capabilities
Online marketplace for people to list, discover, and book accommodations
Airbnb's mission is to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere and we are focused on creating an end-to-end travel platform that will handle every part of your trip. The company is building a worldwide timeshare marketplace.
- Comprehensive health plans
- Paid volunteer time
- Healthy food and snacks
- Generous parental and family leave
- Learning and development
- Annual travel and experiences credit
- Champion the Mission: We’re united with our community to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere.
- Be a Host: We’re caring, open, and encouraging to everyone we work with.
- Embrace the Adventure: We’re driven by curiosity, optimism, and the belief that every person can grow.
- Be a Cereal Entrepreneur: We’re determined and creative in transforming our bold ambitions into reality.