Summer 2023 Android Engineering Intern
Posted on 10/4/2022
Mountain View, CA, USA
- Own as much as you are comfortable owning - whether it is a new API, tool, or an entire project, potentially across multi-functional teams
- Learn to take vague product requirements and help flesh them out and breathe life into them with code
- Collaborate with product managers, infrastructure, platform, and data scientists
- Work with the pros to debug hard problems. When things break (and they will) you will find yourself debugging those challenging bugs and will be eager and able to fix things
- Get to learn something new regularly -- whether it's new technology, data pipelines, the quirk of a language, or a whole new language. If this gives you joy and you're eager to dive in, you'll be right at home!
- Pursuing an undergraduate engineering degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering and have completed your 3rd year
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn by doing
- Available for a 12 week summer internship
- Live in the Palo Alto or Seattle area
- Help design, develop and scale on-device services powering an advanced search platform
- Participate in building and shipping a high-quality software development kit (SDK) that enables our partners to integrate with our platform and provide delightful experiences to end-users
- Cut your teeth on advanced Android concepts like Kotlin coroutines, database access, inter process communication, thread safety, etc. Put those courses to work!
- Ideate and develop futuristic features that enable our partners to continually iterate on deploying unique, outstanding experiences powered by Branch. Unleash your creativity!
- Innovate on ways to manage the evolution of the SDKs as partner and product needs change
- Play with lots of devices!