Cowbell is signaling a new era in cyber insurance by harnessing technology and data to provide small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with advanced warning of cyber risk exposures bundled with cyber insurance coverage adaptable to the threats of today and tomorrow. Championing adaptive insurance, Cowbell follows policyholders’ cyber risk exposures as they evolve through continuous risk assessment and continuous underwriting. In its unique AI-based approach to risk selection and pricing, Cowbell’s underwriting platform, powered by Cowbell Factors, compresses the insurance process from submission to issue to less than 5 minutes.
Founded in 2019, Cowbell is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with employees across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. and is backed by over 15 A.M. Best A- or higher rated reinsurance partners.
In support of our rapid growth, we are actively looking for ambitious people, who are not afraid of hard-work and never shy away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist beyond the boundaries of possibilities.Join our team and be part of a growing institution where you can hone your skills and develop new ones in a fun, challenging and dynamic environment.
If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Cowbell is hiring a strategy professional to join our team.
The Strategy Group at Cowbell takes a long-term perspective. We spend our time identifying and creating the building blocks necessary to deliver meaningful value for all of our stakeholders, including our investors, partners and employees. We are focused on developing answers to complex questions, playing a lead role in seizing new opportunities and closing capability gaps.
What you will do:
- Drive the development and articulation of Cowbell’s overall organizational strategy
- Support the wider organization’s understanding of the company’s strategic direction and market positioning
- Conduct rigorous research on, and analysis of, market trends - with analysis as to what this means for our business
- Develop a deep understanding of Cowbell’s competition, their relative positioning and commercial strategies, being the first to understand and articulate their impacts
- Continuously monitor and anticipate market moves and news; be a resource for the business in relation to industry direction and best practice
- Seek out new opportunities for growth, including driving initiatives across internationalization and new product development
- Construct financial plans and supporting materials for stakeholders including the company’s board of directors and shareholders
- Proactively diagnose, anticipate and resolve risks to our existing competitiveness
- Contribute towards closing capability gaps across the company
- Define, coordinate and execute upon a range of special projects, including organic and inorganic execution plans
- Demonstrate relentless curiosity and pursue excellence as standard
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable interest in business/technology and insurance specifically. You have fun when developing new ideas, testing hypotheses and digging into data. You take pride in what you do, have a structured approach to your work and are comfortable operating autonomously.
What Cowbell needs from you:
- 4+ years of experience related to the insurance industry, for example: corporate finance, banking or strategy consulting
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proven project management capabilities
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritise a range of critical deliverables
What Cowbell brings to the table:
- Winner of Inc. Magazine’s Annual List of Best Workplaces for 2022
- Nationwide medical, dental and vision coverage plus life insurance, long term disability and flexible spending accounts
- Employee equity plan for all and wealth enablement plan for select customer facing roles
- Comprehensive wellness program including unlimited PTO, company-wide wellness days, wellness app subscriptions, lunch & learn, book club, get-togethers, lunch & communication stipends, happy hours and much more
- Professional development and the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of cyber insurance, cyber security as well as continuing to build your professional skills in a team environment