Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We’re an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world’s most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we’re looking for:
The Marketing & Business Analytics team supports the company’s marketing efforts, while also working with teams throughout the organization. The analytics team is responsible for a number of business-critical reports and data models that our global marketing teams rely on for daily reporting, budgeting, and analysis. Our team actively drives business value through partnering with stakeholders across the marketing and product organizations to influence the long term strategy of new customer acquisition. We lean into ambiguity to scale the business and push the boundaries of performance marketing at Rover.
We are specifically looking for a Business Analyst to support our SEO and Referral programs by designing and implementing A/B tests, working with product managers to create project and testing roadmaps, and curating key performance indicators to help narrate trends in the business. This analyst will act as a trusted business partner to the SEO and Referral teams, helping ensure the success of the programs as a whole. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of testing best-practices as well as the ability to build consensus across the organization.
- Design and implement A/B tests to measure the impact of product investments in SEO and Referral
- Invest in data infrastructure improvements to accelerate the throughput of our product experiments and make data insights more available and actionable
- Contribute to forecasting exercises to set expectations for the conversion growth trends of our SEO and Referral programs
- Create and refine key performance indicators to help measure the health of our business
- Act as the single analyst within this domain – you will be the sole analyst dedicated to these projects. You will partner closely with the product team to develop narratives to explain recent trends and opportunities
- Share insights with leadership across the organization to build awareness and consensus on upcoming project roadmaps.
- At least 3 years experience working cross-functionally with complex datasets to support organizational decision making
- A college degree in a quantitative or technical field (e.g., math, data science, statistics, business)
- Fluency in SQL. You would feel confident reviewing code produced by analyst and data scientist peers, as well as assisting non-technical colleagues with their reports in an office hours setting.
- Proven capabilities with A/B testing and statistical analysis. Ability to build regressions (ordinary and weighted least squares, causal impacts) to measure the outcomes of marketing experiments. Hands-on experience owning experiments from the initial design stages to curating test readouts.
- Skilled at working in Mode, Tableau, Looker, or similar data visualization tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, you know how to narrate models and results to business partners in a useful, concise, and meaningful way.
- Experience working with cross-functional business partners to define business problems, scope project deliverables/timelines, implement reporting solutions, and frame organizational strategy
Nice to Have:
- Two-sided marketplace analytics experience and/or product analytics experience
- Hands-on experience processing large data sets with Python. You might also have experience with R, as well as frameworks like Spark, Hive, or dbt.
- Familiarity with AWS (Redshift, S3, EMR) or similar cloud products
- Experience working in an analytics team within a growth stage company
- Eagerness to mentor junior associates in the analytics organization
Benefits of working for Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Pet benefits, including $1,000 toward adopting your first dog or cat
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committedto work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.