The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to create more owners.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company’s Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. We’ve also been recognized as a 2023 Built In Best Place to Work in the U.S. and a Muse VIBE Award winner in the Vacation and Time Off category.
For more information about our offices and culture, check out our Carta careers page.
The Team You’ll Work With
This role is on the Venture Capital Operations team, and will help build Carta’s next generation lending and banking services. This year, our primary initiative is to scale Carta’s first lending product for venture capital and private equity funds, a Capital Call Line of Credit (CCL). We launched CCLs to market in April 2020, brought the product from 0 to 1 and now focus on scaling it.
We are a small and growing team. Our team currently consists of three members who work on both underwriting and operations. We operate like a new startup with the backing of a stable and high growth core business. With this mentality, we work hand in hand with the business team and wear multiple hats. We care most about adding business value and voluntarily raise our hands to take on tasks even if they’re outside the scope of our day-to-day.
We have audacious goals but we take it one day at a time. We try very hard to not over-invest and are not afraid to learn from past mistakes. We’re a group of quick iterators and are ready to pivot in an instant.
We’re in the early stages of architecting and building new financial platforms and applications. We want to hire people who will help us innovate and will continuously look for ways to improve what we do today. This role is key in shaping the future of financial products and in supporting the growth of Carta’s CCL loan book, which has already reached $900M!
Some of the problems you’ll help us solve are:
- Loan servicing / Client Relationship Management - We commit to operating with urgency when providing lending services to our clients. You will seamlessly work with clients to provide solutions and banking partners’ operations team to manage daily/monthly deliverables. You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of Carta’s fund administration service and platform.
- Project Management - Partner with other team members as a lead on new deals and manage timelines/expectations to close. There will be an aspect of loan underwriting, which is completely standardized.
- Risk Management - Have a mindset to protect the loan book of the banking partner(s). This will involve proactively managing risk by using Carta’s platform and working closely with internal teams.
- Fintech/Banking Interest - In this unique role in a unique company, you’ll quickly become a ‘subject matter expert’ for the CCL product. Over time we will lean on you to help us explore other financial products we can offer the venture ecosystem as well.
- Openness to learning new systems and company specific platform
- 2+ years of experience in commercial lending operations (or similar field)
- Experience working directly with clients / customers
- Experience in working with commercial lending operations is ideal
- Understanding of commercial loan underwriting is ideal
Carta’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions plans. Our minimum cash compensation (salary + commission if applicable) range for this role is:
- $100,300 - $118,000 in San Francisco, California
- $90,270 - $106,200 in Seattle, Washington
Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at [email protected]. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.