About Lilac Solutions, Inc.
Lilac Solutions is a lithium extraction technology company focused on scaling lithium production for the electric vehicle era. Lilac solves the critical technology problems which today prevent development of the world’s largest lithium resources: low yields, high costs, slow start-up, poor reliability, and massive environmental impacts. Lilac’s technology represents such a step-change in performance and cost that it also unlocks the development of new unconventional lithium deposits with low lithium grades and high impurities, which have historically been impossible to produce. In 2021, Lilac raised $150M in Series B financing from investors including T. Rowe Price, Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Sumitomo, BMW and SK Materials. Lilac is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Lilac Solutions is seeking the first member of our Capital Markets team. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will evaluate and lead complex, international corporate finance, project finance, and M&A transactions. You will also support cross-functional teams throughout the project development process, including providing guidance to other functional areas as they negotiate key contracts or develop strategies that affect the financeability of projects.
The ideal candidate has a track record of successfully juggling multiple tasks under tight deadlines and is excited by the prospect of working in a high-growth, high ambiguity environment. It is critical for the role that the candidate is highly analytical, a strong verbal and written communicator, and possesses a passion for personal accountability.
- 7+ years experience in a private equity, investment banking, project finance, consulting, and/or corporate development roles
- Experience financing large projects in the energy, infrastructure, oil & gas, mining or other commodities industries. Experience in Latin America is preferred.
- Demonstrated deal negotiation experience as the principal commercial lead on multiple transactions
- Expert proficiency in financial modeling for large, complex assets
- Experience with international tax structuring and tax advantaged transactions
- Significant professional network in the capital and project finance markets, as well as proven track record cultivating and maintaining banking and investor relationships
- Demonstrated experience influencing and communicating effectively across all levels and teams across an organization
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, accounting, economics, or a related field
- English fluency is required; bilingual English/Spanish is preferred
- Salary range: $200K-$250K annually (commensurate with experience)
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible time off policy
- Eight weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Daily catered lunch and On-site gym for Oakland Employees
- Monthly Phone Stipend
Lilac Solutions is committed to providing a professional work environment free from discrimination and harassment, including discrimination and harassment based on a protected category, and an environment free from retaliation for participating in any protected activity. Lilac Solutions is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.