Senior Software Engineer - Search Ranking and Recommendation - North America
Posted on 2/1/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Getty Images has access to hundreds of millions of images; your job is to help customers identify and discover only the highest quality and most relevant content for their brand, campaign, or side-project. In the growing industry of on-site search, we leverage visual intelligence, world-class sorting, and recommendation algorithms, and natural language processing to capture and manifest the style and concepts of our customer's search needs
- This role requires extreme familiarity with the industry of Search and will allow you to lead with your passion and knowledge of search. We move the world with our imagery, and we want your help to drive this progress forward with relevance algorithms, image search, and natural language processing. This role will work very closely with product management, content, data science, and senior technology leaders to deliver cutting-edge, impactful changes with speed and urgency, and will inspire those around them to raise the bar and deliver impact
- Work with other Senior Tech Leads and Principal Engineers to deliver innovative and customer-impacting products
- Identify and remove obstacles in the way from achieving the fastest path to value
- Live and reinforce a Learn/Fail Fast culture
- Be a great partner to multiple cross-functional groups, with a singular focus on providing the best experience for our customers
- Help establish and maintain a culture of quality and ownership for the search infrastructure
- Quickly deliver significant customer and business impact with search and AI/ML technologies
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field (Master's Degree preferred)
- Expert knowledge and experience working with large-scale search technologies, such as Solr and ElasticSearch
- Deep expertise in Information Retrieval, including Ranking, Query Understanding and Indexing
- Experience as a technical team leader
- Significant programming experience in a structured software development environment
- Significant experience designing, developing, and supporting large, enterprise class solutions
- Experience deploying cloud-hosted applications
- Ability to quickly and accurately estimate cost and effort needed to deliver a feature
- You are comfortable in dynamic, ambiguous environments
- Ability to independently execute on a project, from ideation to delivery to stakeholders, and can pro-actively interact with other engineers at Getty Images to access necessary resources or data
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (ex: Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Information Management, Mathematics, etc.)
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment
Visual media company
At Getty Images, their mission is to move the world. They pursue their mission through their images, videos, and illustrations which seek to inform, drive debate, entertain, inspire, and challenge historic biases.
- Healthcare coverage and benefits
- Work‑life balance and remote flexibility, dependent on region
- Time‑off benefits, dependent on region
- Retirement benefits
- Life insurance
- Transit benefits
- Team‑ and office‑wide celebrations
- Donation matching and volunteer days
- We are trustworthy, transparent, and honest.
- We always raise the bar.
- We collectively bring solutions.
- We care, are kind, courteous and respectful.
- We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experiences.
- We reject biased behavior and discrimination.
- We are one Getty Images with no silos.
- We deliver on our commitments and commercial goals.
- We put the customer at the heart of everything we do.