As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
• Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
• Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
• Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
• Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
• Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
Our Product Managers help drive the vision and development of products and product solutions from conception to launch. Our team works on consumer-facing features and platform-level investments to deliver first class core user experience that meets Tinder’s business objectives.
The Recommendations Product team is searching for a Senior Product Manager that has knowledge of machine learning and recommendation systems. In this role, you will lead efforts in optimizing Tinder’s recommendations algorithm using machine learning and user behavior modeling. You will have an opportunity to work with top talent on one of the world’s most exciting data sets at a scale that only Tinder has!
The Recommendations core product team is fundamental to the success of Tinder - driving initiatives that impact member engagement and revenue. The team is responsible for building the machine learning infrastructure and models to drive meaningful connections for millions of worldwide members. This role will work with machine learning engineers, data scientists, and other team members across Tinder.
Where you’ll work
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration twice per week. This position is located in Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Palo Alto, CA.
In this role, you will:
- Drive innovation, definition, roadmap, and design of A/B tests for core recommendations and ML on Tinder to accelerate the growth of our active members and paid members.
- Prioritize projects based on member impact, business needs and available resources.
- Make strategic and data-based decisions about trade-offs, balance scope with quality, and communicate to various audiences, from teammates to executives.
- Analyze member data and metrics to measure the business impact and find opportunities to evolve.
- Build alignment with cross-functional partners: engineers, data scientists, designers, legal, finance and others.
- Learn the dynamics of the Tinder ecosystem, understand the psychology of our users, and identify their product needs.
- 5+ years of work experience as a Product Manager, preferably on user-facing consumer experiences.
- 3+ years product management experience preferably within a fast-growing consumer tech company.
- Experience working with products that heavily rely on machine learning and recommendations at their core.
- A deep understanding of the ML space, both from an academic perspective and real-world implementations.
- Experience defining metrics and making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing and/or qualitative feedback.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect a strategy to a set of customer problems to a group of metrics to features in a logical chain.
- A passion for data and can prioritize using a combination of data and product intuition.
As a full-time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- $500 work-from-home stipend to set you up for remote work
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei