L4, Content & Studio
Updated on 2/6/2024
Subscription streaming entertainment service
Netflix's mission is to entertain the world. The company operates a streaming platform for movies & TV shows and has over 222 million subscribers globally.
Los Gatos, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 4%
2 year growth↑ 1%
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Business & Strategy
Data & Analytics
- 3-5 years of experience in analytics
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Experience with data analysis techniques (regression, cohort, cluster, time series, factor, etc)
- Fluency in SQL for working with big data
- Experience in engineering data pipelines and orchestrating workflows (e.g. Airflow, Metaflow)
- Create impactful analyses, metrics, reports, dashboards, and custom tools to reveal in-depth insights into content performance
- Identify opportunities to enhance overall content strategy
- Develop robust, scalable solutions for the business
- Experience with industry-standard visualization and BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Microstrategy)
NOT OPEN TO REMOTE
Netflix is one of the world’s leading streaming entertainment services, with over 260 million members in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films, live events, and mobile games, across various genres and languages. Members can play, pause, and resume watching as they want, anytime, anywhere, and change their plans anytime.
Our mission to entertain the world is anchored in our content, and data is a crucial component in shaping our comprehensive content strategy. As we envision the future of content at Netflix, we’re seeking an Analytics Engineer to join our team and partner with one of our content verticals. This role will leverage cutting-edge analysis, data science, metrics, and models to drive progress in the space. Your role will extend beyond advising the business on content performance; you’ll also be a thought partner to the diverse cross-functional teams that bring our content to life.
The ideal candidate for this role will excel at collaborating with partners across our business, using data to help our content teams create and distribute titles that drive member value. They will also be a thought leader in the analytics domain, capable of transforming complex metrics and data science outputs into actionable insights.
Check out this blog post to get a better feel for what it’s like to be an Analytics Engineer at Netflix.
What you will do:
- You will create impactful analyses, metrics, reports, dashboards, and custom tools to reveal in-depth insights into our content performance.
- You will work cross-functionally to identify opportunities that enhance our overall content strategy, as well as within your specific vertical.
- You will team up with other data and insights colleagues to develop robust, scalable solutions for our business.
A mix of skills you have:
- You have exceptional communication and collaborative skills.
- You are experienced with delivering actionable insights via various data analysis techniques (regression, cohort, cluster, time series, factor, etc).
- You are experienced with industry-standard visualization and BI tools (for example, Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Microstrategy, etc).
- You are fluent in SQL for working with big data (e.g. Spark, Trino) & experienced in engineering data pipelines and orchestrating workflows (e.g. Airflow, Metaflow).
- An analytics professional with 3-5 years of experience in the field with a proven track record of understanding the true needs of the business and how to use data skills and partnerships to fulfill those needs.
- A strong communicator who can develop, own, and deepen strong relationships with a wide variety of non-technical and technical stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to thrive with minimal oversight and process.
- Analytically minded, bringing data solutions and business impact together while having autonomy in managing cross-functional projects.
- An individual who pays attention to the details and makes a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just the effects.
- An individual with a growth mindset who is impact-driven, and has a strong desire for growing a broad set of technical and non-technical skills.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $170,000 - $720,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.