Posted on 3/17/2023
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required
- 7+ years Big 4 Public accounting required
- CPA certification required
- Industry experience - software, technology, blockchain and/or financial services preferred
- SEC reporting and IPO experience a plus
- Ability to conduct accounting research and summarize results accurately and independently
- Excellent attention to detail and writing skills writing internal and external accounting documentation and management recommendations
- Demonstrate initiative, sound judgment, and ability to encourage and motivate team members
- A flexible approach and ability to prioritize tasks to thrive in a startup environment
- Experience with Excel, SAGE, Paycom, bill.com, and Expensify a plus
- Research accounting guidance and communicate technical assessments of unusual / new transactions for innovative business initiatives ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP. Accounting transactions include but not limited to mergers and acquisitions, revenue recognition for new technology products, and blockchain digital token asset transactions
- Prepare detailed accounting memos documenting conclusions reached from accounting research. Advanced communication skills, specifically technical report writing, is a highly valuable skill in this role
- Key decision maker on continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures to be implemented based on technical assessments. The opportunity to develop accounting processes from the ground up, enabling significant impacts on Figure's financial results
- Own and oversee operational aspects of accounting processes such as equity and stock based compensation
- Work closely with external auditors. Prepare schedules and financial statements for annual audits
- Partner with cross-functional teams including general managers and product owners on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems influencing business decisions by offering expert accounting advice
- Drive process improvement and design of automation solutions to further streamline real-time financial data for decision making
- Review month end balance sheet and income statement reports with variance analysis
- Ad hoc projects as we scale
Blockchain-based lending & financial services
Figure's mission is to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency, and savings to both consumers and institutions.
- Health & wellness - Figure pays 100% of premium costs for employees and dependents for medical, dental, and vision insurance (with the exception of costs associated with the buy-up medical plan.)
- Continuing education - Figure will reimburse eligible employees for approved continuing education that either offers growth in an area related to his or her current position or that may lead to promotional opportunities.
- Flexible time off - We offer 10 company-wide holidays plus one personal holiday, generous Flexible Time Away (FTA), Paid Time Off (PTO), and Paid Parental Leave.
- Bonus & stock options - Figure’s Bonus Plan recognizes and rewards eligible employees’ efforts and contributions. Eligible employees are also granted an option to purchase a set number of shares of Figure’s common stock.
Company Core Values
- Mission Driven