Senior Manager, Backend Engineering Cloud
Posted on 3/16/2022
Calgary, AB, Canada
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- Experience managing a team as well as the ability to interact directly with clients
- Strong professional development experience spanning multiple cloud services projects and experience with at least one of GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and how it applies in practice to a team building software
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices such as code reviews, readable code, unit and integration tests, git-flow, and employing CI/CD
- Strong project and technical leadership experience and communication skills
- Professional experience with C# .NET, proficient or reasonably familiar with Java Spring Boot, Kafka, Postgres, Entity Framework or on-prem solutions
- Experience integrating new software development with existing enterprise services and systems
- Experience with RT3D applications, game servers or applications with real time networking requirements
- Build, lead and mentor a growing team of software developers
- Work with clients on technical solutions and build client relationships
- Work with project managers to build project plans and timelines
- Work with other disciplines such as devops and quality to ensure successful delivery of software
- Support the writing of proposals, estimation and planning
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.