Team Lead - Wire Harness
Posted on 4/26/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 7+ years of professional experience in system-level harness design
- Experience with designing and building electrical harnesses and connectors
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Solidworks, NX, or similar)
- Experience with mechanical design and assemblies
- Strong electrical systems engineering intuition and critical thinking
- Comfort with ambiguity and turning high-level requirements into clear design/test objectives
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, and team focus with extensive multitasking and organizational experience
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria
- Lead harness architecture design for spacecrafts
- Define and document electrical interconnects through coordination with system, subsystem, and unit engineers
- Design electrical harness schematics and harness drawings for flight and test applications based on product requirements
- Establish harness/cable routing on spacecraft
- Prepare and release manufacturing assembly drawings and interconnect diagrams
- Provide support to harness manufacturing and Spacecraft Assembly, Integration, and test
- Evaluate non-conformances to determine root cause, create actionable items, and system improvements
- Create, maintain and communicate detailed schedules, ensuring the team is aware of tasks and deadlines, including resource identification and acquisition
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team
- Master's or PhD in an engineering discipline
- Experience in ECAD (Altium or similar)
- Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc)
- A successful candidate will have previous experience delivering a hardware system or sub-system through the engineering lifecycle
Next generation internet satellites
Astranis' mission is to help get online the 4 billion people who are without internet access.
- An equity stake in the company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthy, delicious, free lunch catered in every day.
- Complementary OneMedical membership.
- Great office chairs, stand-up desks, and a machine shop.
- Reimbursement to spend on commuting from outside SF
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave.
- Master Your Craft - We take pride in our work and go the extra mile.
- Step Up - We are unapologetically ambitious and take on great responsibility.
- Assume Good - We assume the best of intentions and communicate with kindness and candor.
- Stay Curious - We seek out new knowledge and are happy to teach others what we know.
- Space is Hard - We are resilient in the face of adversity and get help when needed.
- Take the Time - We level up not just at work but beyond — mind, body, spirit, family, community.