Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- A strong and dedicated people leader who understands that collaboration takes work. You understand your team and cultivate the right experiences so team members and leaders can grow together
- A business leader who understands how to drive a cafe to financial success through operational excellence, creative initiatives, and building an amazing team
- Obsessed with hospitality, you always anticipate the needs of guests and your community
- Deeply empathetic, with an open and positive attitude toward problem solving. You are not afraid to ask challenging questions if it helps us do right by our teams, guests, and business
- Never satisfied with the status quo, you are energized by ambitious and challenging goals
- Able to balance both the big picture and the nitty-gritty in shaping and leading the strategy for your cafe while also driving excellent day-to-day operations
- Flexible and creative in problem solving-you roll with the punches and have fun doing it
- Passionate about the planet and creating a sustainable future for our people, the company, and our planet
- 2+ years of retail/hospitality experience with a strong preference for coffee, food, and beverage
- 2+ years of leadership experience leading a team of 10+ people
- Completed Blue Bottle's Barista Essentials training and validation program or will complete it within 90 days post-hire
- Existing Food Safety Certification required for the state you will be working in and your specific role or will obtain it within 30 days post-hire
- A strong understanding of a profit and loss statement and knowledge of how to impact it
- Comfort using computer programs, especially Google Drive tools (Sheets, Docs, Calendar)
- A flexible schedule and are available to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Build, develop, inspire, and retain an incredible team by listening carefully, sharing feedback openly and honestly, and remaining transparent
- Ensure every guest at your cafe has an exceptionally hospitable experience by continually finding new ways to coach your team to exceed guest expectations
- Drive strong and ever-improving financial performance, always finding ways to expand the reach of your cafe and be as efficient as possible in doing it
- Communicate our company values for a sustainable future to your team members and inspire them to help Blue Bottle achieve our company-wide sustainability goals
- Collaborate with other teams at Blue Bottle and your Area Leader to creatively engage your community, deepening relationships with regular guests and welcoming newcomers
- Coach and train to ensure we always meet our high standards of quality and deliciousness for every beverage and food item served in your cafe
- Work on bar and on the floor, not only to help the team in busy moments but to stay constantly connected to the heart of our work and find ways to continually improve it
- Create and maintain a thoughtful work schedule for your team that balances individual, team, and cafe needs while meeting our business goals for efficiency
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe smoothly and accurately, including ordering, banking, reviewing and approving payroll, and so on
- Promote a safe and respectful working environment
- Uphold and follow all health, food safety, and safety guidelines
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. You're on your feet the majority of the day, whether you are standing behind bar pulling shots or walking the cafe floor
- Use of hands to reach, grip, turn and perform precision work. You're using your hands to operate beautiful espresso machines, pour delicious pour overs, and operate the register (among other responsibilities)
- As needed squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders. For example, you may have to bend down or reach up to grab cups, lids and towels
- Ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds. For example, you'll be handling bags of coffee beans, coffee kegs, crates of milk, tub of dishes and trash bins
- As needed climb ladders, stairs, ramps and uneven floor and/or surfaces. For example, climb on a step stool to change menu slacks, go up and down stairs and ramps to storage areas
- Ability to smell and taste. You're tasting and smelling coffee and food, helping ensure quality control for each cup and plate
- Ability to listen and speak. You're listening and speaking with our guests to guide and create experiences
Coffee roaster and retailer platform.
At Blue Bottle, their mission is to connect the world to delicious coffee.
- Health, dental, and vision for eligible employees on day one
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
- Paid Time Off
Company Core Values
- Welcome everyone - People come first. Without hospitality, we cannot exist. We create spaces where people belong. Everyone has a place at the table: Guests, team members, and suppliers.
- Raise the bar - From seed to cup, we set the standard in everything we do—and drive constantly to do it better. We are self-starters who think creatively to solve complex problems, recognize our mistakes, and learn from failures.
- Build for Tomorrow - We think long-term. We’re savvy with our resources, saving where we can to invest in what matters: A sustainable future for our people, the company, and our planet.
- Simplify - Just as our cafes eliminate barriers between guests and delicious coffee, we remove obstacles in our work. We stay nimble, communicate clearly, and show a bias towards action.
- Grow Together - Like coffee needs water, we need one another to bloom. Collaboration takes work, so we practice it like a craft. We listen carefully, share feedback openly and honestly, remain transparent, and inspire each other with kindness and humor.