Hopper Cloud Travel Agency
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
- Experience leading teams that deliver large-scale, robust microservice solutions. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and operation of services critical to a large production system
- A love for learning and teaching. This team has a large scope which you will need to efficiently dig deep into. You will have a lot to learn from and pass on to your team!
- Experience growing and managing a team of highly autonomous software engineers. You will hire and lead exceptional and autonomous engineers by example. You will build a strong shared context to ensure alignment at speed
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year
- The company's bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper's total app revenue
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper's fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders
- Recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world's fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace
- Take a hands-on approach to design, implement and deliver services ensuring a robust foundation for the travel marketplaces we are building
- Grow and retain your team while setting high-performance standards
- Collaborate closely with a team of engineers and product leaders to establish a long term vision, set objectives and build a technical roadmap
- Ensure a highly available and resilient system and foster a culture of operational excellence
- Coach individual contributors and technical leaders and grow them as technologists
- Be a trusted advisor to our technology leadership and your peers
- Champion the Hopper tenets and values
- Site Reliability Engineering experience - Do you know how to operate critical systems in production?
- Scala, Java or other JVM or functional programming languages - Do you have experience you can leverage to hit the ground running on the development tasks?
- Domain knowledge on Air, Hotels, Rental car supply or eCommerce