One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member’s pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Work From Anywhere
Hinge Health employees have the flexibility to work remotely in hubs across the United States.
About the Role
Hinge Health is a rapidly growing company that will provide you with the opportunity to influence how we project costs and structure payment models and performance guarantees with clients. Our culture values and rewards leadership and innovation that help our members achieve better health outcomes. You will use your extensive analytic skills to develop and share recommendations for internal and external clients. This key position regularly interacts with our senior leadership.
DESCRIPTION OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You have extensive, hands-on experience with querying and analyzing large medical claims databases to inform payment and pricing recommendations.
- You easily explain models and assumptions to colleagues with and without actuarial or analytic backgrounds. You work quickly and efficiently to meet deadlines and manage multiple, ongoing projects.
- You are a subject matter expert who draws on empirical analyses, literature, and other sources to answer questions about cost and performance.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Conduct analyses and recommend payment model conditions that maximize financial and clinical success.
- Monitors program performance to inform future contract design and pricing.
- Develop business case analyses and budget impact analyses that forecast changes to medical care utilization and cost based on program implementation
- Analyze utilization and cost trends using commercial and Medicare claims data
- Explain forecasts, assumptions, sensitivity analysis and risks to internal and external clients
- Build and maintain expertise in new and existing value-based and alternative payment models
- Compare actual ROIs with forecasts
- Lead and participate in cross-functional workgroups with representatives from commercial, R&D, and clinical teams.
- Manage personal and team projects; develop workplans; ensure documentation is developed and maintained.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, actuarial science, business, computer science, or related degree.
- Five or more years of healthcare actuarial experience, with an ASA or FSA
- Analytics: Experience leading and managing analytics projects
- Hands on experience with querying and analyzing commercial or Medicare medical claims data
- Microsoft Suite (e.g., Access, Excel), SQL, and R expertise
- Experience in insurance pricing, cost analyses, and provider analytics
- Health system knowledge: Strong understanding of the US healthcare system
- Experience with developing, negotiating, and implementing commercial and Medicare Advantage value-based care models and contracts
- Communication: Strong written communication skills with the ability to create clear and concise memos and documentation
- Skills in presenting technical concepts to a non-technical audience in an understandable way
- Ability to represent team and company as a leader with customers, clients, and other employees in cross-functional meetings
- Ability to work independently and in teams for projects with significant risk and financial impacts.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to [email protected]
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you’re interested - we’d love to hear from you.