Messaging Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on 6/6/2022
Remote • United States
- 6+ years of Production operations experience, including having an appropriate sense of urgency, excellent troubleshooting skills and being risk-adverse & security-minded
- Advanced AWS proficiency, including MSK, EKS, DocumentDB, DynamoDB, Aurora or similar
- Advanced Kubernetes and Terraform proficiency
- Significant experience automating routine tasks and reducing toil
- Previous experience as a technical team lead and mentor strongly desired
- Schedule: Flexible work hours with on-call availability one week a month and a bi-weekly maintenance night
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,080.00 - $200,100.00
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan
- Lead the design and execution of Messaging SRE initiatives with feedback from other engineers
- Represent the team in cross-functional Messaging Engineering initiatives
- Identify, troubleshoot and mitigate production incidents, and drive recommendations for service improvements
- Act as a technical lead and mentor for other Messaging SREs, and help to evangelize reliability and resiliency across Messaging Engineering
- Work on an empowered team of SREs, participating in the weekly on-call rotation and maintenance window, service reviews, tech talks and flexible work schedule
- Knowledge of ActiveMQ, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Docker, Java, New Relic, python, Grafana, ELK stack, Redis, Carrier-grade networking, F5, Consul
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
Company Core Values
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives