Posted on 3/27/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- You have 1+ years of experience as a people manager
- You can work well with cross- functional partners
- You are motivated to help your team members succeed and have experience developing engineers of multiple levels
- You approach problems from first principles perspective
- You get excited about working collaboratively to figure out solutions to complex problems, and then building on them
- You have a product sense and take pride in understanding your customers
- You use experiments to make data informed decisions and are excited when numbers move by 1%
- Code does not scare you, you are still an engineer even if you don't do it all the time
- You keep up with the industry trends and can assess new technologies
- Build engaged teams by hiring, coaching, and promoting ownership and effectiveness in your engineers
- Work cross-functionally with our Finance, Customer Experience, Product, Design and Marketing teams to define your team's vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding the customer and our needs
- Use your technical expertise to constantly improve and ensure your team delivers extraordinary results at the high technical level we set
- Develop insights into issues slowing down the team and use it to develop processes that help the team to deliver its goals
- Guide the careers of the engineers through coaching and finding opportunities that support their technical skillset and goals
- Influence resourcing, and make the rationale clear to partners and team members
- Partner with Revenue leadership on strategic planning and improve the Engineering organization while upholding our workplace philosophy
Gaming communication platform
Discord's mission is to build an easy-to-use communication service that gives people a place to talk, build relationships, and belong.
- Stay healthy - We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Parental perks - Spend some quality time with the next generation with parental leave, fertility, adoption, and surrogacy benefits.
- Kick back - Stay refreshed with over 19 paid holidays, use-what-you-need sick days, and four weeks of PTO.
- Commute easy - In a non-COVID world, get up to $270 per month for your commuting and parking needs.
- The loadout - When we’re back in the office, enjoy daily catered lunches and snacks, a desk fund to make your space yours, and whatever you need for your computer setup, including a headphone allowance.
- Wellness on us - Take advantage of a quarterly wellness allowance for your gym membership or other wellness activities. Virtual yoga every week!
- Transgender benefits - Discord will reimburse up to $20,000 for any procedure related to transition.
- Discord HQ - Our office is located in Potrero Hill, a little neighborhood in San Francisco near awesome coffee and food.
- Relocation - Excellent relocation bonuses for new hires moving to San Francisco (once it’s safe to return).
Company Core Values
- Upside Down Leadership
- Small & Mighty Teams
- Unleash Talent
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint