SOC Physical Design STA/Timing Engineer
Posted on 3/15/2023
Redmond, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science
- Experience in static timing analysis and timing closure of high-performance SOC designs
- Full chip and block level STA tapeout experience, constraint generation and partitioning
- Knowledge of deep sub-micron FinFET technology nodes (7nm and below) timing challenges, multi-corner and multimode timing closure, process variations, voltage drop aware STA, and clock reconvergence pessimism removal
- Experience in IP integration (e.g. memories, I/Os, Analog IPs, SerDes, DDR etc.)
- Experience in industry standard STA and Noise/Signal integrity analysis tools
- Experience in clock jitter simulation and analysis methodologies
- Experience with clock domain crossings, DFT/Scan/MBIST/LBIST and understanding of their impact on physical design and timing closure
- Deep understanding of ASIC synthesis and physical design flows and methodologies
- Experience with high reliability design and implementations
- Excellent scripting skills (csh/bash, Perl, Python, TCL, Makefile, etc.)
- Familiar with implementation or integration of design blocks using Verilog/System Verilog
- Self-driven individual with a can-do attitude, and an ability to work in a dynamic group environment
- Must be willing to travel when needed (typically <10%)
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends to meet critical deadlines, as needed
- This position can be based in either Redmond, WA or Irvine, CA
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Develop/support automated block and full chip level advanced timing/noise signoff flows (with advanced and parametric on chip variation, and voltage drop aware STA)
- Define block and full chip timing signoff criterion, methodology, constraints, modes and scenarios and close timing at multi-corner and multi-mode environments
- Develop/support signoff STA timing/power optimization engineering change order flows and integrate them into physical design flow
- Work with systems and architecture, SOC integration, verification, DFT, mixed signal, IP owners, synthesis, and place/route teams to address the design challenges in the context of timing sign-off
- Generate block timing begets, clock and I/O context files
- Debug and drive fixing of constraint correlation issues between top and block level
- Develop clock network simulation and jitter analysis methodologies
- Drive custom IP integration, custom timing check flow enablement and closure until tapeout
- Guide full chip team to plan and build reference/special clock trees for minimal jitter and insertion delay
- Develop and run block/full chip level noise analysis flows and drive the noise/signal integrity closure with block and full chip engineers
- Work with voltage drop, architecture, package teams to understand voltage drops, guard banding requirements, voltage and library selection for signoff STA and noise analysis
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.