Are you ready to join a visionary, fast growing enterprise data software company? Are you ready to be part of a unique culture of integrity and innovation? Are you passionate about cloud data technologies, data analytics, operational excellence and business strategy? Are you yearning to make an impact? If so, this opportunity at StreamSets (a Software AG company) might be the perfect fit for you.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but feel up for the challenge - we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and drive goes a long way.
Solutions Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing all technical aspects of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products.
Location: East Coast, USA (remote)
- Drive progress towards successful sales, working alongside Account Executives
- Own the technical sales process from introductory meetings and demos to proofs of concepts to implementations and customer success
- Build strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer’s technical staff
- Articulate product positioning and competitive differentiation to both business and technical users ranging from individual contributes to VPs to C-level executives
- Convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process
- Able to get into the weeds and build credibility in front of rooms of data engineers
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- 5+ years proven track record in software consulting or pre-sales
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports
- Strong Linux experience as well as programming with Java, Perl, Python, and Unix Shell scripts
- Data industry experience, with a focus on ETL, analytics applications, and big data
- Experience with big data and cloud technologies (Hadoop, Spark, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Snowflake, Databricks)
- Experience with Webmethods
‣ 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents (US)
‣ The best equipment and resources
‣ Healthy work/life balance, flexible time off policies
‣ 401k (US), pension contributions (non-US)
‣ Attractive compensation
‣ Paid family leave
‣ Professional development - we are invested in you.
StreamSets (a Software AG company) is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Candidates seeking employment at StreamSets are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Come be a part of our diverse, dynamic team!