Senior Software Developer
Posted on 5/31/2022
Vancouver, BC, Canada
- A game developer with strong programming skills in C# or C++
- Experience with profiling, debugging, and optimization code
- Experience shipping at least one major AAA games title with a strong understanding of all aspects of the game development lifecycle
- Great communication skills with the ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary internal teams and interact directly with external partners, as well as write technical reports
- A comfortability and an interest in autonomously taking ownership of domains outside of your areas of expertise
- Join a growing multidisciplinary team of developers, helping to improve the Engine's flexibility and performance
- Enable partner success by architecting, improving and developing new technologies for game projects with a focus on performance and quality
- Partake in the game development lifecycle, maintaining, building upon, and crafting Unity technologies
- Assist in facilitating and building relationships with Unity's core technologies teams
- Experience with the Unity Engine, Unreal, Frostbite, or another proprietary game engine
- Deep familiarity with one subfield of game development, such as animation, real-time rendering, or low-latency networking
- Experience with multithreading programming
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.