Director – Strategic Account Management
Updated on 11/30/2023
Provides domain registry services and internet infrastructure
Verisign stands as a global leader in internet infrastructure, providing essential services such as domain name registry and root zone maintainer services, which underpin the majority of global e-commerce. The company's commitment to addressing DNS abuse and its development of technologies like DNSSEC, which strengthens trust in the internet, showcases its dedication to creating a secure and reliable online environment. This, coupled with its role in shaping the future of the internet, makes Verisign not only a crucial player in its industry but also an exciting and impactful place to work.
Data & Analytics
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -8%
1 year growth↑ 0%
2 year growth↓ -1%
Reston, VA, USA
Business & Strategy
Sales & Account Management
Growth & Marketing
- 12 years account management or similar business experience
- 4+ years registry operator or registrar experience is preferred
- Proven track record of execution using sound account management principles
- Advanced relationship-management experience and consulting skills, with ability to lead, engage and build consensus across various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to have effective conversations with an executive audience while navigating difficult topics
- Results oriented with an ability to identify, track and communicate important metrics while delivering results through others
- Expertise in analyzing data, developing insights that influence the strategy and lead to business results including excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience required
- MBA preferred
- Creates and implements the strategic plan for key partner accounts in the Americas, in consultation with senior management and marketing management.
- Leads global account strategy development for areas of responsibility, consulting with account management team members, marketing, and product leaders in creating this global account plan.
- Gains and communicates knowledge and insight from the market and channel about partners’ business priorities, challenges, and dynamics to help align Verisign’s strategies and plans with partner and market realities.
- Together with Marketing and Program teams, jointly drives the development and execution of marketing plans and programs. Works with global marketing management to ensure that optimal joint marketing investments are made. Actively manages and monitors partner execution and compliance with global channel joint marketing program objectives and commitments. Provides reporting on execution to management.
- Develops and maintains market and registration forecasts for key partners, taking into account regional new registration objectives which affect global accounts.
- Leads or supports the timely development of qualitative and quantitative weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and presentations.
- Ensures timely and thorough reporting to Verisign stakeholders and senior management of potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the registrar. Works across the organization to develop immediate and long-term solutions to client challenges.
- Must be willing and available to travel customer meetings to meet with executives and operational staff