Software Engineer Lead
Posted on 12/9/2022
Quality Assurance (QA)
- A technical bachelor's degree or 4 years commensurate experience
- 4+ years experience in a technical role (examples include, but are not limited to QA lead, data lead, systems lead, engineer, or QA engineer)
- 3+ years of experience in SQL
- 3+ years of experience Python
- Experience in managing 1+ direct reports
- Team leader or equivalent project management experience
- Leads and owns design and development of technical solutions in response to requirements from business stakeholders regarding new product and market expansions, regulatory strategic needs, automated workflows to reduce manual work requirements, new/improved tooling, and data quality/integrity needs
- Consistently writes correct, stable, modular, and adaptable code with little guidance/oversight; capable of independent delivery
- Key contributor to code review and design reviews for projects across the team
- Consults and cross-collaborates on technical design and scoping to build and document complex, scalable, and repeatable processes/capabilities
- Independently represents our team in cross-functional work, projects, and technical discussions
- Proactively identifies and mitigates risks; responds to and resolves issues/errors/escalations through investigation
- Responsible for managing 1+ junior engineers, primarily work assignment and management, performance reviews, and other people management duties
- Partners closely with the Business, Engineering, and Data orgs to structure and operationalize the next generation of health insurance operations
- Supports urgent operational needs through on-call rotation; identifies and drives resolution of production issues across team boundaries
- Coaches and mentors junior engineers, proactively helping them to plan and build successful products according to our best practices
- A professional background in coding, analytics, math, finance, statistics, or data science
- Startup experience
- Experience with different phases of technical projects (e.g. from early design phases through stable operations/production)
Health insurance company
Oscar Health’s mission is to make high-quality health insurance accessible and affordable for everyone. The company is a software driven health insurance company that offers medical plans, medicare advantages, and small group products.
- Health insurance - That’s a given. Employees and their families receive incredible health insurance.
- Financial benefits - A penny saved....we’re talking about a 401K plan, health savings accounts, and more.
- Well @ Oscar - We care about your wellness with fitness classes and access to mental health support.
- Work-Life Balance - We offer multiple time-off options, wellness days, and 10+ weeks of parental leave.
- Learning & Development - We offer everything from mentorship to management training.
Company Core Values
- What we do is a big deal. We’re solving problems that change and save lives.
- Powered by people. Members above all. Developing and growing others is what raises the bar.
- No genius without grit. Be relentless. Be scrappy. Trying and failing beats not trying and changing nothing.
- Seek the truth... but never assume you’ve found it. Be scientific.
- Inspire & provoke. Develop and display leadership at all levels. Fight to be the best.
- Be transparent. Give and ask for direct feedback. Be grateful for and excited by the help of others.
- Make it right. Admit your mistakes. Then learn from them. Never build alone.