Senior Manager Software Engineering | Visa Innovation Center
Posted on 5/3/2022
Miami, FL, USA
- Spanish Language proficiency is required for this role
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
- 2+ years of experience in leadership roles with increasing responsibility
- Technical hands-on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks for web development, APIs, and Mobile application development on diverse platforms
- Passion for innovation, new ideas, quick prototyping, hackathons etc
- Professional experience in ideation and incubation has led to shipping products
- Multi-disciplinary skills and experience in ideation, software design, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Experience, ideas, and opinions about emerging trends (e.g., IoT, BlockChain)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- Have an open-minded approach to development strategy and approaches
- Proven record of hiring, building high-performance team, and capable of building a culture for innovation
- Be at the heart of developing new ideas into demo-able products
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles from technical requirements, software designs, programming, debugging, and optimization
- Work alongside and collaborate with UX, product engineering, and partner teams to deliver products, features, services, and tools
- Explore and innovate new technologies, features, and tools
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables
- Be resourceful and leverage the small team to the fullest to work on multiple parallel POCs and incubation efforts
- Use stubs as needed to simulate capabilities lighting up in the near future
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Provide feedback to core product teams to influence their roadmap and strategy
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of payment industry and multi-channel commerce space
- Patents and other proofs of past success in creating IP
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.