- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8-10+ years experience in a quota carrying role
- Track record of exceeding quota
- 5+ years experience in digital banking
- Ability to reverse engineer business objectives to reach your goals
- Eagerness to figure out tough problems for your customers
- Identify and close opportunities for Backbase business primarily with net-new customer accounts
- Manage and close large software agreements ($1M+ ARR)
- Forecast and manage net-new opportunities from identification to close
- Lead customers to have value-focused digital banking strategies
- Establish a trusted advisor role with large enterprise banking/FI customers (AUM >$30B)
- Aggregate and collect requirements from customers and craft the business case for investments in digital banking transformation
- Support Backbase's goal of building Enterprise digital banking leadership
- Perform other activities as required to fulfill the business objectives
The Job in short
Backbase is a fast-growing fintech software provider that empowers financial institutions to accelerate their digital transformation and effectively compete in a digital-first world. We are growing our Enterprise team (banks and financial institutions AUM >$30B) and offer opportunities for ambitious, Strategic Account Directors who thrive in a client-facing advisory role.
Meet the job
You will carry your own sales quota within the North America sales team and deliver digital banking transformation opportunities with net-new customers, adding to a growing list of active Backbase customers. Based on your quota you will set objectives and plan accordingly to achieve targets. Backbase is expanding and there is no doubt that we have the best solution in our niche market. Being a Sr. Strategic Account Director at Backbase is an exciting and challenging role. This is an ideal position if you have 8-10+ years of successful sales with focus on building relationships and creating opportunities with new and existing customers. Your professional DNA is that of a highly influential advisor with a focus on enterprise SaaS software in Financial Services. This position offers you to work in a flexible, no-nonsense, informal and fast-paced working environment, enabling and empowering you to grow as a sales professional. In this position you will report directly to the Regional Vice President of Enterprise Sales.
Finally, you build close relationships with your customers to understand their business drivers and understand how to establish buy-in at all levels (sales management, delivery leads and senior/executive management). You will identify and qualify new sales opportunities with Enterprise Banking and Financial Service customers and effectively run a sales cycle to reach and exceed your goals.
How about you
Scope of the role will include:
● This is a quota carrying role in which you will identify and close opportunities for Backbase business primarily with net-new customer accounts and secondary opportunity to expand existing customer relationships;
● Managing and closing large software agreements ($1M+ ARR);
● Forecasting and managing net-new opportunities from identification to close;
● Leading customers to have value-focused digital banking strategies;
● Establishing a trusted advisor role with large enterprise banking/FI customers (AUM >$30B);
● Aggregating and collecting requirements from customers and craft the business case for investments in digital banking transformation;
● Supporting Backbase’s goal of building Enterprise digital banking leadership;
● Other activities as required to fulfill the business objectives.
In order to really own this role, we think you’ll need:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
● 8-10+ years experience in a quota carrying role;
● Track record of exceeding quota;
● 5+ years experience in digital banking;
● Ability to reverse engineer business objectives to reach your goals;
● Eagerness to figure out tough problems for your customers.
Backbase creates the best digital banking solutions on the planet, enabling our clients to deliver superior online and mobile customer experiences. We are a global, young-spirited, diverse (45+ nationalities), fast-growing and leading fintech company. Agile is our middle name and we love pushing innovation in the digital banking world. We make it work.
And we’re not done innovating just yet. Our 2,000+ employees work together on better and more advanced products. As we are in scaleup phase, we don’t believe in simply “doing our jobs”. We’ve always got room for new, creative talent to push us further. What will you bring to make us stronger?
We are organized to support you. You will receive time to educate yourself and will work with some of the best specialists in the business. We are work and play. At Backbase, you can come as you are and say it like it is.
Join us for a journey instead of a job!