Cepton (Nasdaq: CPTN), a leading intelligent lidar solution provider, is seeking a seasoned Senior ASIC/FPGA Design Engineer who is passionate about solving challenges to join us and support the development of Lidar product. Working closely with our Director of ASIC Engineering and partnering closely with our brilliant functional R&D teams, you will work in a dynamic, cross-functional, collaborative work environment and be responsible for the design, verification, and validation of ASIC products.
Here at Cepton, we use technology to make some difficult problems become easy and some impossible tasks become feasible. We value one’s ability to learn higher than the knowledge one has acquired in the past. We like people who strive to solve a problem in new and creative ways instead of seeking conventional wisdom, we enjoy solving hard problems together. As we are at the cutting edge of technological advancement, join us if you are willing to work with like-minded people to face the challenges posed by the new era of technology together.
What You Will Do:
- Partner closely with the functional R&D teams to develop design specification, documentation for individual function blocks, RTL implementation, system integration and set up and maintain verification environment.
- Be responsible fortasks including DFT, synthesis, static timing analysis, power estimation, hardware troubleshooting, silicon bring-up, and validation.
- Support new product introduction to the high-volume manufacturing process to enable automotive and non-automotive applications.
Who You Are:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electronic/Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of working experience in ASIC design.
- Has deep knowledge of one or more of the following domains: Embedded CPU subsystem and architecture; High-speed digital signal processing, computer vision, or machine learning; High-performance serial interface protocols; Low power design methodology; Mixed-signal design; FPGA prototyping.
- Has strong RTL (Verilog/System Verilog/VHDL) coding skills, has hands-on experience in programming languages (Perl/Tcl/Python/C).
- Has in-depth knowledge of high-speed digital design, multi-clock domain SOC and verification; Has a good understanding of ASIC design flow from RTL to silicon.
- Familiar with industry standard EDA tools; familiar with advanced silicon process & technology nodes for high speed and low power consumption.
- Has strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability, able to provide technical leadership as needed.
- A good and reliable team player with strong communication skills. Self-motivated, continually striving for excellence, and can thrive under pressure.
What We Will Offer:
- Opportunities to work with strong industry leaders and opportunities to relocate to Silicon Valley.
- Competitive compensation package, including stock.
- Comprehensive employee benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and more.
- Paid Times Off and paid holidays.
- Bonus program eligibility.
- 401k & Flexible Spending Account.
- Cepton Headquarters – San Jose, CA.
- Some local on-site visits to key customers.
- Travel to regional customer sites and to support trade shows & conferences if needed.
Cepton is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The pay range for this role is $140,000 to $200,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. The total compensation package for this position may also include an annual performance bonus, stock, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans.
Cepton Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Cepton (Nasdaq: CPTN) is a Silicon Valley innovator of lidar-based solutions for automotive (ADAS/AV), smart cities, smart spaces, and smart industrial applications. With its patented Micro Motion Technology (MMT®), Cepton aims to take lidar mainstream and achieve its vision of safe and autonomous transportation for everyone.
Founded in 2016 and led by industry veterans with decades of collective experience across a wide range of advanced lidar and imaging technologies, Cepton is focused on the mass-market commercialization of high-performance, high-quality lidar solutions. Cepton is headquartered in San Jose, CA, and has a center of excellence facility in Troy, MI to provide local support to the OEM and Tier 1-studded Metro Detroit area.