ABOUT THE ROLE:
DIG is looking for a dynamic FP&A Senior Associate to join our Financial Planning & Business Analytics team, reporting into the VP of Finance. This role will be exposed to many moving parts of our restaurant group and will be a critical, strategic thought partner, working across the organization to drive value. You will leverage data, build models, communicate insights, and execute best practices to streamline and optimize processes during a high-growth period. This is an amazing opportunity to join a high-growth, fast-paced company and impact not only business operations but also the greater food system.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in financial planning and analysis (FP&A) - restaurant and/or real estate industry experience preferred
- An expert in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of GAAP and financial statement analysis (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Experience building forecasted cash flow models (rolling 13-week, etc.)
- Experience leading annual budgeting processes and building budget and operating models from scratch
- Ability to learn, navigate, and pull data independently from accounting, business intelligence or operating systems (i.e. Restaurant 365, Toast, Looker, Deputy, etc.)
- Ability to transform raw data into insights for the business
- Clear communication skills in person and online, including asynchronous video recordings, presentations, and/or concise executive summaries
- A natural curiosity that leads to quick understanding of new subjects
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and working in a startup environment
- An interest in the restaurant industry
- Familiarity with lease and commercial/restaurant real estate deal analysis preferred
- Create what-if-analyses to assess the impact of new business opportunities on our long-term goals, providing insightful decision bases for senior management
- Maintain and quantify risks and opportunities in business performance and conduct scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Improve financial rigor around decision-making, including business cases for investments and new markets and business lines
- Prepare monthly financial results against budget and assist in preparing quarterly presentations for our Board of Directors and management teams
- Partner with functions including finance, tech, operations, supply chain, real estate, and marketing to support our growth as we expand into new markets and business lines
- Translate strategy into specific business initiatives and develop tools to measure and evaluate them
- Macbook + Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch every day
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- Remote position but must be able to travel based on business needs
- Must live with in commuting distance from a current DIG market (New York City, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Boston)
COMPENSATION RANGE: $120-150,000/year
Please note compensation depends on experience level and location
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.
ADDITIONAL ROLE NOTE:
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Dig reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Dig or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Dig is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ancestry, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, unemployment status, gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender dysphoria, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, disability, covered veteran and/or military status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, familial status as that term is described under the New York State Human Rights Law, caregiver or partnership status as those terms are defined under the New York City Human Rights Law (if you are employed in New York City) or other protected status or any other characteristic as protected under applicable federal, state and local law (“Protected Status”).