About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building modern infrastructure for capital markets. Founded in 2018 by top Wall Street and Silicon Valley veterans, Clear Street is an independent, non-bank prime broker designed to solve the industry’s most neglected problem: legacy technology.
We have built a proprietary, cloud-native clearing and custody system from the ground floor to replace the outdated infrastructure used across capital markets. Our platform is fully integrated with central clearing houses and exchanges to support billions in trading volume per day. We’ve agonized about our data model abstractions, created horizontal scalability, and crafted thoughtful APIs. All so we can provide a best-in-class experience for our clients.
By combining highly-skilled product and engineering talent with seasoned finance professionals, we’re building the essentials to compete in today’s fast-paced markets.
As an experienced Data Engineer on our Data Infrastructure team, you will play an integral role in the design and execution of our shared data tooling and infrastructure. You will create reusable data platform elements and tools that improve the way engineering teams transform data. As a voice of experience in the team, you will help mentor teammates, evolve our technical standards and best practices, and further our culture of system designs and data pipeline architecture.
You’ll work horizontally across the engineering organization to determine what data pipeline problems people have, how they are solving them, and how those solutions could generalize across the firm. You will partner with others across the organization to understand complex data-related issues and seek effective compromises.
- You have 8+ years of experience designing and architecting systems that deliver solutions to complex data problems.
- You are a data modeling pro; you understand how to create unified definitions of types from different source data representations.
- You have experience with data science and statistical analysis methods, especially related to financial domains.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
Data Infrastructure Team Stack: Python, Snowflake, Argo, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.
The Base Salary Range for this role is $170,000 - $240,000. This range is representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Where a candidate falls in this range will be based on job related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. This range represents Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street’s total compensation. The range stated does not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
At Clear Street, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other’s successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, in cultures, and in experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.