Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it’s failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We’re doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with office locations in SF and Chicago. Preference is for this role to be located in Chicago, but consideration will be given to virtual candidates in the U.S. as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
Location Eligibility: This position is not eligible for employment in the following locations: SF Bay Area and NY Metro.
To deliver on this exciting category-defining product, we are seeking a creative, motivated, and innovative commercial P&C underwriter to underwrite a broad array of startup businesses across 10 coverage lines.
As a key member of the Insurance team, you will play an integral role in our underwriting process. You will be responsible for underwriting accounts within Vouch guidelines and underwriting strategy. Evaluate risk and structure solutions appropriate for our insureds. Provide advice and suggestions on underwriting-related issues. Develop positive relationships with insureds to support our mission of crafting the best insurance for those building the future.
- Underwriting of accounts in assigned Vertical(s) in accordance with Vouch’s underwriting philosophy, guidelines, service level standards, and individual authority level
- Supporting portfolio management and monitoring of assigned Vertical(s), including maintenance of underwriting strategy and guidelines, evaluating risk (both across the Vertical portfolio and individual accounts)
- Coordinating with the Claims team to ensure a solid understanding of all Claims impacting accounts in assigned Vertical(s) and any Claims / legal trends impacting assigned Vertical(s)
- Developing positive, cross-functional relationships with various internal stakeholders, including GTM/Sales, Specialty, Actuarial, Operations, Product Innovation, and Analytics teams to support our mission of crafting the best insurance for those building the future
- Supporting marketing efforts and sharing insights and knowledge with the broader Vouch organization
About you: (Requirements we’re looking for)
- 1+ years experience in commercial P&C Underwriting - Direct underwriting experience and technical understanding of management, professional liability, or general liability & property
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with the ability to improve underwriting guidelines that integrate the customer’s perspective, user experience concepts, auto decision orientation, and our go-to-market strategy
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with the ability to prioritize high-impact work
- Bachelor’s Degree
Nice to have:
- Designations: AINS, AIS, or other commercial insurance designations
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high-growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $60,000 to $70,000 per year.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]. #LI-Remote