We created Canal to change the way that people discover and sell physical products online. We feel that a user should be able to buy anything, at any point, anywhere on the internet. Behind the scenes, this looks like a network of deep integrations across e-commerce platforms combined with a webapp that connects consumer brands to the people and places that could sell their products. You’ve heard of distributed systems; we’re building the distributed digital economy.
This is a big idea, and we’re prioritizing the top minds in tech, who get excited about building production-grade software and scaling it to millions of users, to join our founding team. You will work with a motivated team to define the processes and procedures on which we’ll build a lasting engineering culture. This is an exciting opportunity to be a foundational member of a brand new project. While our stack includes React + Typescript and Django, we’re open to a wide range of experience.
About this role
Canal is looking for an experienced content marketer to join our growing marketing team. As our sole content marketer, you’ll lead developing, writing, and editing content that furthers Canal’s brand and business goals. You’ll develop content that’s performant for our audience of DTC brands and creators across a number of content types – blog posts, e-guides, thought leadership pieces, sales collateral (e.g. slides), web copy, video, and more. This is an exciting opportunity to join an early stage, fast-growth start-up, and the ideal candidate is excited for the opportunity to make their mark on Canal’s early marketing efforts.
- Define SEO strategy and editorial calendar, and plan for executing against it to create high-quality pieces
- Stay in touch with DTC and brand trends, understanding what’s important in integrating to Canal’s content
- Create content with an eye toward effective distribution strategies – repurposing on social media channels
- Partner cross-functionally with marketing, sales, product, and leadership teams to develop content that can be used for demand generation, social media, PR, and other initiatives
- 3+ years of experience creating content marketing (in a B2B environment preferred)Proven track record of SEO expertise
- Samples of thoughtful and engaging content pieces
- Experience working in DTC, start-up, or fast-moving technology environment
- Excellent project management, communication, and storytelling skills
- 💰 Competitive compensation packages based on experience
- 🏝 Unlimited PTO + 12 company holidays
- 💊 Quality health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- 💰 Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 👵 401K plans w/ 3% employer contribution
- 🤱👨🍼12 weeks paid maternity & paternity leave
- 🚌 Commuter Benefits
- 🚕 Rideshare from office provided after 8 PM
- 🍕 Dinner provided after 5:30 PM
- 🏠 One-time $300 Home Office Stipend
- 💪 $60 gym credit (our SF office has a gym!)
- 🤝 $10K referral bonus for technical roles / $5K for non-technical roles, paid out after 3 months as long as the referred employee remains in good standing
- ✈️ In-flight wifi expensable if you’re working during the flight
- 🏗️ Occupational Accident Insurance
- 🎁 Free samples from our amazing brand partners!
- 💚 An agile, motivated team based in San Francisco, with the challenging and fulfilling opportunity to help create a completely new kind of online shopping experience!