Remote in USA • Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
Who We Are
TetraScience is the Scientific Data Cloud company with a mission to accelerate scientific discovery and improve and extend human life. The Scientific Data Cloud is the only open, cloud-native platform purpose-built for science that connects lab instruments, informatics software, and data apps across the biopharma value chain and delivers the foundation of harmonized, actionable scientific data necessary to transform raw data into accelerated and improved scientific outcomes. Through the Tetra Partner Network, market-leading vendors access the power of our cloud to help customers maximize the value of their data.
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add high performance team members that authentically and unconditionally embrace our values:
- Transparency and Context - We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when openly and proactively sharing all vital data.
- Trust and Collaboration - We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
- Fearlessness and Resilience - We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
- Alignment with Customers - We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
- Commitment to Craft - We are professional in all we do. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
- Equality of Opportunity - We seek out the best of the best regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or age; We seek out those who embody our common values but bring unique and invaluable perspectives, talents and advantages.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Customer Officer (CCO) must be able to thrive in a fast-moving, high growth environment. This is a highly collaborative role that requires a leader who can evangelize a customer-centric strategic vision - internally and externally - to help customers reach their goals as efficiently as possible. The CCO will drive key metrics related to product utilization, retention and revenue expansion as measured through Logo, Gross Retention Rates (GRR), and Net Dollar Retention (NDR). In doing so, the CCO will ensure the long-term success of TetraScience’s customers.
The CCO will serve as a key member of the TetraScience leadership team to help shape the company’s strategy and business plan, collaborating across the leadership team to ensure all teams and functions are aligned for maximum customer growth and impact.
The ideal candidate for this role has the grit and determination of a builder combined with the proven leadership experience of executing at scale. The target background will have experience from a management consulting / systems integration Life Sciences practice and then in a similar CCO role at a Life Sciences technology company.
- Lead world-class Customer Success and Professional Services teams, including recruiting experienced leaders for each functional role, attracting high potential individual contributors and instilling a performance-led culture.
- Partner with customers at the strategic/C-suite level to influence digital transformation efforts with scientific data.
- Drive, lead and inspire a Customer Success program that supports customers while ensuring that every customer reaches time-to-value goals across our products.
- Drive the Professional Services organization to successful post-sale implementations via strong processes that ensure obtainable SOW’s with appropriate project oversight.
- Own oversight of the work of dotted line reports (scientific data architects and scientific business analysts) to ensure platform deployment, time to value of use cases and perpetual customer expansion and success.
- Own board-level revenue measures including NDR and GRR along with key activities which support these measures, notably expanding revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell, driving customer satisfaction, higher product adoption and renewals.
- Strategically partner with cross-functional owners to ensure the highest levels of customer support in onboarding and training, professional services, support, customer success management, renewals, cross-sell / up-sell, and customer advocacy.
- Create a cadence for regular reviews that facilitate trust, alignment and strategic direction from the individual contributor level, through senior leadership in Customer Success, across stakeholder function and up to the C-Suite and beyond to the board when required.
- Formalize best practices and optimized Customer Success / Professional Services workflows into “rinse and repeat” processes using Standard Operating Procedures, Playbooks, and Service Level Agreements.
- A background in life sciences and knowledge of the R&D drug discovery process is required
- Customer success & achievement - 15+ years of developing and leading voice of the customer and customer success teams with responsibilities across customer health, retention and expansion, including delivering exceptional GRR and NDR. Leadership of teams to solve complex customer challenges required.
- Change management & enablement - proven track record of directing customers at a strategic level to enable downstream opportunities for expansion.
- Professional services & technical enablement - 15+ years of experience leading and developing customer engineering and technical enablement teams, including channel and partner technical enablement, and post-sales technical consulting and technical account management.
- Collaborate and develop strategies and processes with the CRO - Given the obvious linkage between GTM motions and playbooks it is essential that your role work closely with the CRO on numerous focus areas, including but not limited to teams, across-departmental hand-offs, processes, customer positioning, systems, field enablement, and operational elements.
- Team development - Proven track record of building dynamic, diverse customer teams across a broad spectrum of global market segments, including emerging and underdeveloped markets, with a proven ability to balance compassion and toughness in coaching others and leading through change.
- Platform first - Ability to position, deliver, and support customer achievement utilizing a platform-first mindset, utilizing TetraScience’s products and services. Experience with Life Sciences R&D and manufacturing is required.
- Management at scale - Ability to establish individual- and organization-wide budgets, quotas, activity metrics, forecasts and compensation plans to customer growth, achievement and retention objectives.
- Leadership at scale - Demonstrated success managing and leading globally distributed and diverse teams. Reference-able executive track record of leading in matrix environments where cross-functional teamwork is key to the role.
- 100% employer paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediate family members.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO).
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD/STD.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.