Associate Software Engineer
Posted on 3/21/2022
Portland, OR, USA
- The desire to develop your software engineering career at a leading-edge company
- Certification from a full-time/intensive software engineering boot camp program or equivalent, University Degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of training
- Experience with web applications, APIs and ORMs
- Willingness to learn a new language (Java, Go, Ruby, Python, Elixir, etc...)
- Strong communication and team skills (both verbal and written)
- Interest testing and building high-quality software systems
- Interest in gaining expertise in building and operating high throughput services
- Can tackle a programming problem and debug it
- Write high-quality, maintainable code that is well-documented with good test coverage
- Learn our processes, systems, and tools
- Collaborate with team to rapidly and safely iterate and deploy production systems
- Collaborate with your cohort to pair program and tackle groups projects
- Participate in product and architecture reviews to determine project deliverables
- Contribute to regular team meetings to plan work on an ongoing basis
- Give and receive constructive feedback as part of peer code reviews
Cloud-based observability platform
New Relic's mission s to empower the world's engineers with a data-driven approach to creating great software so they can build better digital experiences. The company builds tools to monitor and maintain tech stacks.
- Flex work arrangements
- Career development
- Professional training
- Competitive pay
- Company equity
- Retirement & pension
- Generous paid time off
- Family healthcare
- Paid parental leave (12 wks)
- Emotional support assistance
- NRgize wellness funds
- Perks & discounts
Company Core Values
- Bold: We take risks to deliver ground-breaking innovation. We are courageous.
- Connected: We are a team, united by a common goal and a desire to achieve our mission.
- Accountable: We set high standards and own our results. It encourages each of us to be ourselves at work, every day.
- Passionate: We love what we do and know that it matters. We’re inspired by the fact that when our customers and colleagues succeed, we triumph.
- Authentic: You belong here because you are you. Our culture is genuine, honest, and inclusive, and encourages each of us to be ourselves at work, every day.