Compensation Associate Director
Posted on 3/21/2023
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- 10+ years of compensation and HR-related work experience in a high growth organization and the ability to scale compensation strategies
- Experience working with both a US and an expanding global organization
- Workday implementation experiences is preferred
- Understanding of HR, Payroll, Finance, and IT business processes and how they interact with compensation-related initiatives
- Critical thinker with the ability to develop innovative solutions
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, maintaining confidentiality when required
- Proactively identifies opportunities to streamline processes and improve data quality
- Customer-focused with effective stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a primary focus on core responsibilities
- Excellent ability to prioritize multiple tasks and project
- Self-directed problem solver with a desire to contribute to the Company and team's successBA/BS degree or equivalent additional relevant work experience
- Partner on program design and execution of GRAIL's compensation programs with ability to provide exceptional employee experiences
- Consult, advise and educate various stakeholders on compensation programs, Job Architecture and performance processes
- Lead development of the cadence and content for training of various stakeholders across HR, Finance, and business leaders on GRAIL's approach to compensation and rewards
- Manage compensation benchmarking surveys, complete data submissions and maintain internal market pricing structures and and execute GRAIL's cash and Long Term Incentive (LTI) planning processes and any special initiatives
- Function as the subject matter expert for Compensation processes and capabilities within Workday as we move through system implementation
- Lead compensation system design and data processes that focus on ability to improve the People team's compensation reporting capabilities, drive Employee & Manager self-service and can readily scale with rapid business growth
- Develop project plans and communication materials for successful project implementation, including employee/end user collateral
- Proactively research best practices and trends. Perform analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness and fairness of existing programs and tools. Present findings and thoughtful, creative solutions that are aligned with GRAIL's philosophy
- Maintain excellent data integrity within HR systems and tools
- Ensure managers and employees can access business-critical reports and insights in real-time and on a schedule, as needed. Ensure we are compliant with SOPs and other related policies and significantly raise the bar in terms of data, business process, and access security
- Support scaling the organization through insights, self-service, and company-wide reporting and processes
- Identify opportunities for automation and reduction of manual processes and partner with teams across People, Finance, IT and Legal on implementation of solutionsPerform regular business process reviews to make ongoing suggestions and create action plans. Respond to general HR inquiries regarding, but not limited to compensation practices
- Support the creation of resources, dashboards, and training for HR and Recruiting teams
- Participate with the People team on ad-hoc projects
- Knowledge of local (CA) and federal HR legislation and best practices
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Office software & documents
Designs cancer screening tests
GRAIL's mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. They are working to change the trajectory of cancer mortality and bring stakeholders together to adopt innovative, safe, and effective technologies that can transform cancer care.
- Outstanding People - Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
- Strong Compensation - We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide for long-term financial planning.
- Complete Health Coverage - Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
- Work-Life Balance - Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
Company Core Values
- Grit - We are determined and resilient because patients are counting on us.
- Respect - We value diversity and challenge each other respectfully.
- Accountability - We own our decisions and keep our commitments.
- Integrity - We adhere to our principles of humility, transparency, and rigor.
- Leadership - We make each other better by making leadership everyone’s responsibility