Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 2/4/2023
Data Structures & Algorithms
Google Cloud Platform
- B.S./M.S/Equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Java/C++ with 8+ years of experience developing production-level software
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded and asynchronous programming models, and their use in developing distributed and scalable systems
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance, and schema design is a big plus
- Experience in developing complex and scalable distributed systems and delivering, deploying, and managing microservices successfully
- Passion for learning, quality, zero downtime upgrades, availability, resiliency, uptime of the platform, and using latest technologies
- Ability to solve ambiguous, unexplored, and cross-team problems effectively
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding of distributed file systems such as S3, ADLS, or HDFS
- Ability to scope and plan solutions for big problems and mentors others on the same
- Interested and motivated to be part of a fast-moving startup with a fun and accomplished team
- Own design, implementation, testing, and support of next-generation features related to Dremio's query planner and Reflections technology
- Work with open source projects like Apache Iceberg and Apache Calcite
- Use modular design patterns to deliver an architecture that's elegant, simple, extensible and maintainable
- Solve complex technical problems and customer issues while improving our telemetry and instrumentation to proactively detect issues before they arise and make debugging more efficient
- Design and deliver architectures that run optimally on public clouds like GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Mentor other team members for high quality and design
- Collaborate with Product Management to innovate and deliver on customer requirements and with Support and field teams to ensure customer success
- Background in large scale data processing systems (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with distributed query engines
- Hands on experience in query processing or optimization, distributed systems, concurrency control, data replication, code generation, networking, storage systems, heap management, Apache Arrow, SQL Operators, caching techniques, and disk spilling
- Hands on experience with multi-threaded and asynchronous programming models
Data lake engine
Dremio’s leading the way to reimagine your data architecture. Removing barriers, accelerating time to insight, putting control in the hands of the user.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Stock Options
- Work From Home
- Office Events
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Company Core Values
- Communicate with clarity.
- Drive accountability.
- Be respectful.
- Confront brutal facts.
- Focus on results.
- Operate with urgency.
- Build a flywheel.